Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

13 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Or you can slide a MOFI sleeve into the green cardboard slot like I did. It fits on all closed sides with just a tiny bit out the top that doesn't go higher than the outer cover. It works great.

Yeah this is usually what I do with printed inners. Good to see it'll work with this.

Got mine, it really is beautiful.  I really wish the quality of the packaging matched the vinyl though.

I didn't clean Side A and there was some noise.  Cleaned the other three sides and that seemed to help a little.  The second half of Side D was pretty bad, especially "True Love Waits" probably just cause it's a quieter song.  Still a bummer.

Does anyone know if the artwork will be available in prints?  I'd love to buy two or three of them.  checked on w a s t e and saw some prints for their shows, but they were all sold out.  I'd hate to take a razor to this thing.   Maybe something will pop up on Etsy in a bit?  Still one of my favorite albums ever.

5 hours ago, kannibal said:

Or you can slide a MOFI sleeve into the green cardboard slot like I did. It fits on all closed sides with just a tiny bit out the top that doesn't go higher than the outer cover. It works great.

MOFI sleeves are the answer here.  They fit almost perfectly with literally 1/4" sticking out of the top.

+1 on the Mofi sleeves.

Finally opened my copy last night and I echo what everyone else has said - absolutely stunning package. I love the materials they used all around, especially for the cover and the lyric pages. I LOVE those lyric pages. As somebody that works in the printing industry I appreciated pretty much every little choice they made.

I have a bit of glue along the inside back edge of the back cover. A little sticky but it's fine.

A part of me wishes the cover wasn't treated with an overlay color, as I prefer the white, but perhaps that would have been prone to getting dirty. Still looks great and I'm a big "midnight green" fan.

13 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

+1 on the Mofi sleeves.

Finally opened my copy last night and I echo what everyone else has said - absolutely stunning package. I love the materials they used all around, especially for the cover and the lyric pages. I LOVE those lyric pages. As somebody that works in the printing industry I appreciated pretty much every little choice they made.

I have a bit of glue along the inside back edge of the back cover. A little sticky but it's fine.

A part of me wishes the cover wasn't treated with an overlay color, as I prefer the white, but perhaps that would have been prone to getting dirty. Still looks great and I'm a big "midnight green" fan.

Yeah man, those lyric pages are awesome. 

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

+1 on the Mofi sleeves.

Yes +1 on the lyric pages... I. Love. That. Texture. 

Also have a small amount of sticky on the back cover, nothing major though.

2 minutes ago, SE7EN said:

Yes +1 on the lyric pages... I. Love. That. Texture. 

Also have a small amount of sticky on the back cover, nothing major though.

You guys lucked out.  I have sticky shit all around both the front and back inside covers.  I imagine it will stop being sticky over time, but it's there - although the way the book was done it isn't bothering anything.

1 minute ago, highfives said:

You guys lucked out.  I have sticky shit all around both the front and back inside covers.  I imagine it will stop being sticky over time, but it's there - although the way the book was done it isn't bothering anything.

Yeah, as you say the lucky part is that it isn't going to interfere with anything else... Still kinda sucky that it's there, on what is otherwise an exceptional package.

Mine surprisingly didn't have any sticky stuff anywhere. There was a little residue from where the belly band was glued on the front, but that's it. My MoFi sleeves are sticking out quite a bit more than everyone else's seems to be. Plus, they are crinkling up and causing the sleeve to stick out. Not that big of a deal though. Overall, I love the packaging. I, for one, love the alternate green cover. Will probably find a way to keep this one displayed along w/ my DelUxe Edition of In Rainbows. 

2 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Mine surprisingly didn't have any sticky stuff anywhere. There was a little residue from where the belly band was glued on the front, but that's it. My MoFi sleeves are sticking out quite a bit more than everyone else's seems to be. Plus, they are crinkling up and causing the sleeve to stick out. Not that big of a deal though. Overall, I love the packaging. I, for one, love the alternate green cover. Will probably find a way to keep this one displayed along w/ my DelUxe Edition of In Rainbows. 

I'm using some Nagaoka 102s... Not completely ideal but they do fit well.

18 hours ago, surfingelectrode said:

Anyone else's tracking acting weird? Mine shipped from PA, went to NJ, and is now in CA - but I live in Florida? 

I'm in Canada and mine is very wonky as well. The tracking # they sent (the second e-mail) does't seem to exist and the first e-mail shows my package hasn't moved since 9/24.

45 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

I'm in Canada and mine is very wonky as well. The tracking # they sent (the second e-mail) does't seem to exist and the first e-mail shows my package hasn't moved since 9/24.

Do you track i through USPS or Canadian post?  I seem to remember when I sent something to Canada the USPS site only tracked it up until it hit Canada then I had to track it Canadian Post the rest of the way.  

Got mine this morning.  A tiny bit of sticky residue on the first and last page but other than that, it's fine. Such a beautiful piece. As for the sound quality, I only listened to the first disc. In comparison to my white copy, this sounds flawless. Maybe 3-4 pops along the way, but my white copy sounded awful in my opinion. Haven't listened to the second disc yet, but really hope it's the same. I took the white paper sleeves they came in, flipped them 90 degrees and they fit fairly nicely in the green inner sleeves. They stick out a little bit on top, but I have no problem with that. 

14 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Do you track i through USPS or Canadian post?  I seem to remember when I sent something to Canada the USPS site only tracked it up until it hit Canada then I had to track it Canadian Post the rest of the way.  

they gave a link to "tnt" which looks like some sort of shipping catch all type thing.. it doesnt show up at all on usps or canadapost or tnt or fedex.etc etc.

2 hours ago, Cloudsbelow said:

they gave a link to "tnt" which looks like some sort of shipping catch all type thing.. it doesnt show up at all on usps or canadapost or tnt or fedex.etc etc.

I'm in Canada too. According to the app AfterShip it's being shipped Swiss Post? It's weird and I wish I knew where it was.

6 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Mine had a little glue on the bottom of the inside front cover - a bit sticky. I thought it was odd, but just kind of shrugged it off. Good to see I'm not the only one with glue issues. 

Otherwise, I love the album.