PO [SOON]: Caspian - The Four Trees | 2xLP | Third Pressing | Mylene Sheath

5nNfK6c.jpg

// CASPIAN

| THE FOUR TREES
| 2xLP

| THIRD PRESSING

| Pressing Info: Variants to be announced, including one I chose.

| PO: TBA

| Release Date: Mid Summer.

| Plant: Pirate Press

| Weight: 160

| Price: TBD

| Track Listing:

1. Moksha | 09:08
  2. Some Are White Light | 05:26
  3. Sea Lawn | 05:23
  4. Crawlspace | 07:38
  5. Book IX | 05:44
  6. The Dropsonde | 02:05
  7. Brombie | 05:58
  8. Our Breath In Winter | 03:23
  9. The Dove | 03:05
  10. Asa | 7:17
  11. ...Reprise | 05:14

News:

// 2/15/17

"Aaaaaand here's yet another daily email we get ha! It's hard to believe that this record is 10 years old. It came out the same year we started the label. Wait... we're 10!?!?!? Time... it do fly. So we'll be cranking out a special repress of it soon :) Don't worry, it'll have all the bells & whistles!"

| Buy here: (Will update)

| Listen:

/ Bandcamp | https://caspiantheband.bandcamp.com/album/the-four-trees

/ Spotify |

* Gumbo, there will be no remixes, ten minute intros, jams, extended versions, track jumbling, them playing it backwards, upside down, or whatever the hell else you can think of. Enjoy it the way it is.

Edited by Dave Grohl

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

Can you believe it's been almost three years since the last pressing? Man, time flies.

I'm surprised we are getting it so soon. I know you said they mentioned that last Tertia press to you 2 years before it actually happened, right? Regardless, excited to throw another copy of this on the shelf. Will for sure be buying the "mystery" variant ;).

12 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

I'm surprised we are getting it so soon. I know you said they mentioned that last Tertia press to you 2 years before it actually happened, right? Regardless, excited to throw another copy of this on the shelf. Will for sure be buying the "mystery" variant ;).

Yeah, they mentioned that one to me a good while beforehand. I believe other things got in the way of that one though, then the Live remastering happened as well, and yada yada. But this one is on track for a summer release, especially since we've been waiting a few years. Haha. 

I think you guys will like what I chose. I'll update as I get more info,  but it'll be fun to see everyone guess which one is mine. (But if you're one of the few I told... shh.)

This fuckin' update gets fucked up more and more...now the reply-part is right next to the first post?! WTF?!

13 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Really? I've been listening to them since their inception. I started variant collecting almost 4 years ago. 

I just can't remember you being active in the old Caspian threads (e.g. Live at OSC, Tertia represses in 2012, etc...)

2 minutes ago, ephemeral said:

Be nice if it is a gatefold this time around. Wish they would get on pressing those Jakob albums though

Talked to the guys of Jakob about the potential TMS press of their records...didn't make the impression this will happen soon :(

8 minutes ago, Sasan said:

I just can't remember you being active in the old Caspian threads (e.g. Live at OSC, Tertia represses in 2012, etc...)

I've been listening to Caspian since day one, but I wasn't on here / active back then. I joined in 2012 and didn't really post for a year. I didn't care for internet forums. Don't know what my VC presence has to with anything. Believe it or not, you don't have to be on this site to collect records.

8 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I've been listening to Caspian since day one, but I wasn't on here / active back then. I joined in 2012 and didn't really post for a year. I didn't care for internet forums. Don't know what my VC presence has to with anything. Believe it or not, you don't have to be on this site to collect records.

Didn't mean to offend. I was just surprised...

6 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Caspian - The Four Trees ("Matt" variant, clear w/ Phil's beard trimmings, D-side etching of Matt's face, deluxe package with lifesize cardboard Phil cutout.)

EDIT:  Only found in Europe somewhere.  Allegedly /150, although only 15 can ever be found.

(Cause we didn't have enough beard to make 'em.) Also, if I ever had my face etched in a record, I would buy them all to burn them. No one deserves that.

But seriously, me and you should bombard the Sheath with ideas for the 10 Yr. pressing. We were on a roll earlier.

55 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

(Cause we didn't have enough beard to make 'em.) Also, if I ever had my face etched in a record, I would buy them all to burn them. No one deserves that.

But seriously, me and you should bombard the Sheath with ideas for the 10 Yr. pressing. We were on a roll earlier.

Hell yeah man that would be awesome.