Jump to content
Dave Grohl

PO [SOON]: Caspian - The Four Trees | 2xLP | Third Pressing | Mylene Sheath

Recommended Posts

5nNfK6c.jpg

// CASPIAN

| THE FOUR TREES
| 2xLP

| THIRD PRESSING

| Pressing Info: Variants to be announced, including one I chose.

| PO: TBA

| Release Date: Mid Summer.

| Plant: Pirate Press

| Weight: 160

| Price: TBD

| Track Listing:

  1. Moksha | 09:08
  2. Some Are White Light | 05:26
  3. Sea Lawn | 05:23
  4. Crawlspace | 07:38
  5. Book IX | 05:44
  6. The Dropsonde | 02:05
  7. Brombie | 05:58
  8. Our Breath In Winter | 03:23
  9. The Dove | 03:05
  10. Asa | 7:17
  11. ...Reprise | 05:14

News:

// 2/15/17

"Aaaaaand here's yet another daily email we get ha! It's hard to believe that this record is 10 years old. It came out the same year we started the label. Wait... we're 10!?!?!? Time... it do fly. So we'll be cranking out a special repress of it soon :) Don't worry, it'll have all the bells & whistles!"

 

| Buy here: (Will update)

| Listen:

/ Bandcamp | https://caspiantheband.bandcamp.com/album/the-four-trees

/ Spotify |

 

* Gumbo, there will be no remixes, ten minute intros, jams, extended versions, track jumbling, them playing it backwards, upside down, or whatever the hell else you can think of. Enjoy it the way it is.
 
 

 

 

Edited by Dave Grohl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

Can you believe it's been almost three years since the last pressing? Man, time flies.

I'm surprised we are getting it so soon. I know you said they mentioned that last Tertia press to you 2 years before it actually happened, right? Regardless, excited to throw another copy of this on the shelf. Will for sure be buying the "mystery" variant ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

I'm surprised we are getting it so soon. I know you said they mentioned that last Tertia press to you 2 years before it actually happened, right? Regardless, excited to throw another copy of this on the shelf. Will for sure be buying the "mystery" variant ;).

Yeah, they mentioned that one to me a good while beforehand. I believe other things got in the way of that one though, then the Live remastering happened as well, and yada yada. But this one is on track for a summer release, especially since we've been waiting a few years. Haha. 

 

I think you guys will like what I chose. I'll update as I get more info,  but it'll be fun to see everyone guess which one is mine. (But if you're one of the few I told... shh.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This fuckin' update gets fucked up more and more...now the reply-part is right next to the first post?! WTF?!

 

13 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Really? I've been listening to them since their inception. I started variant collecting almost 4 years ago. 

I just can't remember you being active in the old Caspian threads (e.g. Live at OSC, Tertia represses in 2012, etc...)

 

2 minutes ago, ephemeral said:

Be nice if it is a gatefold this time around. Wish they would get on pressing those Jakob albums though

Talked to the guys of Jakob about the potential TMS press of their records...didn't make the impression this will happen soon :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sasan said:

I just can't remember you being active in the old Caspian threads (e.g. Live at OSC, Tertia represses in 2012, etc...)

I've been listening to Caspian since day one, but I wasn't on here / active back then. I joined in 2012 and didn't really post for a year. I didn't care for internet forums. Don't know what my VC presence has to with anything. Believe it or not, you don't have to be on this site to collect records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I've been listening to Caspian since day one, but I wasn't on here / active back then. I joined in 2012 and didn't really post for a year. I didn't care for internet forums. Don't know what my VC presence has to with anything. Believe it or not, you don't have to be on this site to collect records.

Didn't mean to offend. I was just surprised...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Caspian - The Four Trees ("Matt" variant, clear w/ Phil's beard trimmings, D-side etching of Matt's face, deluxe package with lifesize cardboard Phil cutout.)

 

EDIT:  Only found in Europe somewhere.  Allegedly /150, although only 15 can ever be found.

(Cause we didn't have enough beard to make 'em.) Also, if I ever had my face etched in a record, I would buy them all to burn them. No one deserves that.

But seriously, me and you should bombard the Sheath with ideas for the 10 Yr. pressing. We were on a roll earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

(Cause we didn't have enough beard to make 'em.) Also, if I ever had my face etched in a record, I would buy them all to burn them. No one deserves that.

But seriously, me and you should bombard the Sheath with ideas for the 10 Yr. pressing. We were on a roll earlier.

Hell yeah man that would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×