PO: Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn, More, A Saucerful of Secrets and Ummagumma

4 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

In US.

UK dates are in March for some reason.

The new FC will have the extra track as well, "When the Tigers Broke Free"

Weird, I was just going by the PF twitter. The post didn't mention UK dates though.

And good. I was glad they added that to the 2004 remaster. 

Edited by THE_James_Champ

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Weird, I was just going by the PF twitter. The post didn't mention UK dates though.

And good. I was glad they added that to the 2004 remaster. 

I mean, it's just an Amazon UK  date  that I'm using. It's probably more of a place marker than a real date. We shall see.  They are under $21 each shipped through Amazon UK.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, scentofdeath said:

Can't fix this stupid quote box. WTF is with this place and the quote issues?

Pretty much every one of the BG cuts sound fantastic. Meddle is no exception.  I bought all UK presses, but from what I've heard, the US are just as good.

Edited by vinyl addict

On 10/23/2016 at 6:02 AM, vinyl addict said:

For those thinking of picking up the new WYWH press, just a heads up...

The US press is simply a repress of the Doug Sax cut (I own it and it sounds great), however the UK press is indeed a new cut by Bernie Grumman. So, if you want the new cut, order from UK.

Mine is supposed to arrive on Halloween, and I'll give it a clean, and spin it when I can to compare it to the Doug Sax 2011 cut.

How does the BG WYWH compare to the Sax master?

On 10/3/2016 at 6:05 PM, vinyl addict said:

I have AHM and Meddle coming from Amazon UK, they will be here this week. Animals is preordered but it's not ccming for a while. I've been reading that The Wall repress is amazing, but can't bring myself to spend the $$$$ on it.

When AHM and Meddle get here, I'll compare them to an early UK press I have of each. I also have an early Japan press of Meddle that really shines. I'd like to see how it compares to the new one from UK.

The JPN press of Meddle is the only silent copy I've  ever found,  seems like most presses of Meddle were always noisy.

Also curious to hear how the new Meddle stacks up to the UK and Japanese pressings.

3 hours ago, docbronze said:

How does the BG WYWH compare to the Sax master?

Also curious to hear how the new Meddle stacks up to the UK and Japanese pressings.

Sorry about the blank quote box everyone. I couldn't delete it or write anything anywhere. (It's been an issue since the site changed)

I prefer the BG cut of WYWH (UK only, US is the Doug Sax). I'm sorry, but I get a big fat "F" when it comes to explaining the differences and what not. Both the BG and DS sound very good, my guess is it would be a matter of opinion  as to which one you may prefer. I've been very happy with all the BG Pink Floyd albums I've bought (I grabbed 9 of the 16 albums). So maybe my ears prefer his ears.

The new BG Meddle also sounds great, it's about as close as you will get to the early UK as far as sonics goes. You get the best of both worlds with the new BG. It sounds similar to the UK, and it's as quiet as the JPN press. 

However, I DO still prefer the UK over the new BG. It definitely has an edge over the new cut.

I picked up a new BG The Wall about 6 weeks ago for a great price, couldn't pass it up. If anyone is on the fence about this one, just do it. It absolutely smokes the original US.( and all the other many many represses/remasters over the years, from what I'm hearing) It's not even a contest with the original US. The new cut is so much more clear, precise. The bass and highs sound better. Sounds like Ginour and Waters are in the room!

My AMLOR just showed up from Amazon UK today, and the Final Cut should be right behind it. I'll give those a cleaning then throw them on for a spin. See how they compare to the original US presses that I have.

Edited by vinyl addict

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, bigdz68 said:

$80 at soundstage with LP20

9 minutes ago, tape said:

not valid with LP20, but it works with SAVE20 (though that has a $100 minimum and Pulse is $99.99 so you need to buy some additional vinyl item, lol)

If you contact SS, they can probably apply LP20 to work on it. It has to be done manually when new preorder albums are added with the discount code already activated (happened to me with Hans Zimmer Live)

1 hour ago, tape said:

not valid with LP20, but it works with SAVE20 (though that has a $100 minimum and Pulse is $99.99 so you need to buy some additional vinyl item, lol)

Woops...always used to LP20 and just realized the email was save20... thanks. I'm guessing in the next few weeks it will be back to LP20 with no minimum.

Edited by bigdz68

On 3/22/2018 at 9:12 PM, ntslash said:

Does this reissue of Pulse have a blinking light? 

Nope. 

The original vinyl didn't have a flashing light, only the first release of the CD (I have one around somewhere).

$85 is a great deal when you consider who mastered it, and how it is packaged etc. Especially with the current prices for an original.

Shit, people (myself included) just paid $60 for that recent vault. Which is a single album and a few pics. 

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Nope. 

The original vinyl didn't have a flashing light, only the first release of the CD (I have one around somewhere).

$85 is a great deal when you consider who mastered it, and how it is packaged etc. Especially with the current prices for an original.

Shit, people (myself included) just paid $60 for that recent vault. Which is a single album and a few pics. 

Plus the album is a fucking ripper to boot.