PO: Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn, More, A Saucerful of Secrets and Ummagumma

On 3 June 2016, Pink Floyd Records will begin the reintroduction of the complete Pink Floyd catalogue on vinyl, making it available for the first time in over two decades, with the release of the first four albums: ‘The Piper at the Gates of Dawn’, ‘A Saucerful of Secrets’, the soundtrack from the film ‘More’ and the 2 LP set ‘Ummagumma’. Special care has been taken to replicate the original packaging, and the first batch of releases, mastered by James Guthrie, Joel Plante and Bernie Grundman, will be pressed on 180gram vinyl for optimum sound quality.

Pink Floyd Records will release further titles from the vinyl catalogue throughout the year, with release dates being announced at regular intervals. In the meantime, all Pink Floyd albums are now available on CD, digital and most streaming platforms.

I must admit I am very excited to own a proper Piper at the gates of dawn and More. 

Out for order on Amazon now

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Piper-At-Gates-Dawn-VINYL/dp/B01DSV6UP6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1462542937&sr=8-3&keywords=pink+floyd+vinyl

https://www.amazon.co.uk/More-VINYL-PINK-FLOYD/dp/B01DSV6WEA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1462542937&sr=8-4&keywords=pink+floyd+vinyl

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saucerful-Secrets-VINYL-PINK-FLOYD/dp/B01DSV6VYQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1462542937&sr=8-5&keywords=pink+floyd+vinyl

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ummagumma-VINYL-PINK-FLOYD/dp/B01DSV6W68/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1462542937&sr=8-6&keywords=pink+floyd+vinyl

Pre-ordered all 4 from Amazon UK to get locked in on those prices. The prices for Piper and Saucerful are great for what 180g reissues normally go for. Hopefully, the price will drop before the release date. If these show up cheaper on Amazon US, I'll just cancel my UK order.

I have OG pressings of Meddle and Dark Side and a 70s pressing of Piper, as well as the reissues of Wish You Were Here and The Wall from a few years back.

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I own no Floyd vinyl so this is great. I love that the prices aren't fucked like The Wall and WYWH. Good albums, but $40-$50 is dumb. Hopefully those drop in price or cheaper copies come along with these new issues. 

WYWH is is pricey because of epic package, the wall because it's....the wall?

2 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I want a copy of Meddle

no kidding. about damn time. tired of jackholes asking $25, $50, even $100 for copies with trashed jackets and loads of surface noise from scratches and constant spinning. VG++, EX, yeah right. "i grade my records by sight, i don't actually listen to them." count me in for an animals and meddle. hopefully under $30.

3 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

no kidding. about damn time. tired of jackholes asking $25, $50, even $100 for copies with trashed jackets and loads of surface noise from scratches and constant spinning. VG++, EX, yeah right. "i grade my records by sight, i don't actually listen to them." count me in for an animals and meddle. hopefully under $30.

Exactly. I've held off on buying a few times due to "grading" from sellers. That's one thing that worries me the most. Now, I do have an original press of Animals that's in pretty great condition I bought off a co-worker when I first started collecting. It's got some noise, but nothing a really deep clean wouldn't fix. I also purchased an excellent copy of The Wall from @JoToRoBo some time back. 

51 minutes ago, ASSARTOSE said:

WYWH is is pricey because of epic package, the wall because it's....the wall?

WYWH comes in a black bag... And The Wall is a $50 double LP. I'm not the only one who thinks that shits stupid. There are like 20 copies of each at my local, because no one is buying them.

16 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

WYWH comes in a black bag... And The Wall is a $50 double LP. I'm not the only one who thinks that shits stupid. There are like 20 copies of each at my local, because no one is buying them.

I got mine for $40 and it was still a rip-off

16 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

I would love to get a Box Set from Start to Finish (Piper to Endless River).

A couple of years ago I got The Pink Floyd Collection off of ebay. It had the studio albums up to The Wall, with Piper and Saucerful omitted in favor of A Nice Pair.  Definitely worth looking up if you want a large hunk of the collection right off the bat.  All the albums are housed in a Wall style box and sound great.  Not 180 gram, but still nice clean copies. That being said, I can't wait to pick up Piper, Saucerful, The Final Cut, and Momentary Lapse to complete my collection.  Would also love a pressing of Relics.