PO: Pearl Jam reissues

9 minutes ago, watchtower41 said:

Are we guessing these pre-orders will be unlimited? No drop dead pre-order date like the Vaults, you don;t have to be in 10 Club, and nothing mentioning that these will be limited edition. 

That's what I'm assuming.  I can't imagine these not being available on every online retailer and in most record stores.  You can readily find their first 3 reissues, so I'd guess these will be the same.  Or I hope they will because I'm out of vinyl money after that Radiohead deluxe.

This is very exciting news, even though I'll have to wait for the fall to order them. Like others have said, I'm a little peeved that there won't be a super-deluxe box for aesthetic reasons (I think the first two fit in nicely with the vault releases), but at least if they're gonna break them up from now on, I won't feel compelled to re-purchase the later albums.

And, hey, if they're re-issuing singles: why no Merkinball? :unsure:

12 minutes ago, watchtower41 said:

I also just noticed that these will conveniently be released RIGHT before the big Fenway and Wrigley shows in August, that being said, PJ already has played both these albums in entirety on 2014 Fall tour, but it could be more than just coincidence or just to sell at merch stands. 

There's nothing more convenient than buying 2 LPs, holding onto them throughout a 3-hour show, and then carrying them home with you on the Green and Red lines as some yahoos from the South Shore who were over-served at Boston Beer Works have a bro fight about their favorite Dave Matthews Band album.

Plus not sure you want to stand in line for hours to get something you could buy in every record store.  I am going to avoid those merch stands at Wrigley after the mess it was a few years ago, or I guess every Pearl Jam show.  Would rather spend extra later on then wait in those insane lines.