PO: Pearl Jam reissues

On 9/10/2017 at 4:16 PM, fish said:

Pretty shocked that they sold out of that  $350 boxset already. I know it was limited to 500 but it was just the 10 records and they all seem to be $20-$25 individually (at least the ones currently available). Plus the box being sold for $45.  So it seemed crazy overpriced.

Not surprised.  

Edited by whosnotwo

57 minutes ago, blugel said:

Fuuuu, completely forgot...

Do they ever list more when they ship?

I don't remember that ever happening. Who knows if they'll do it this time? It shouldn't be that hard to find for a decent price if you time it right. Seems like #3 is the big money one and the one I don't have. Good luck!

Probably the only variant thing about it will be a different texture to the album cover.  10club exclusive if you can call it that. Im sure that’s already been mentioned here tho.  Would be cool if some are splatter like the Mad Season release they did. 

Edited by bear801

1 hour ago, bear801 said:

Someone posted a pic of their Lets Play Two 10club order.  Came with a PJ Wrigley slipmat and sticker

And this is the kind of annoying shit they do at 10c. Why not just tell people that you get extras if you order from them? Why so much secrecy? It's strange.

6 minutes ago, apirk said:

I don't know lots of bands or labels throw in stickers, buttons or extra goodies when you order from them without notice, not sure why when Pearl Jam does it is a big deal except the fact that people plaCe value on theirs.

Do you get a lot of slipmats randomly showing up in your record orders? I don't. I think that would be a factor for some people when deciding to pay the high shipping charge from 10c. I don't give a shit about a slipmat and sticker, but they could list it.

Yeah I have a stack of label slip mats or record store slip mats I didn't order nor knew I was getting.  Maybe when they listed it they didn't know if they'd throw in extras or maybe they just wanted to do something nice for people who order from them. 

Like usual they can't win regardless of What they do, if they list it they'll sell out their allotment quick and people will bitch. If they don't list and send it as a surprise people bitch.  Everyone in this thread knows that if you order directly from the band sometimes you might get a variant or something sometimes you will not.   It seems like when they have one release for preorder they do something but when they have a bunch, like all the reissues, they do not.

18 hours ago, bear801 said:

Probably the only variant thing about it will be a different texture to the album cover.  10club exclusive if you can call it that. Im sure that’s already been mentioned here tho.  Would be cool if some are splatter like the Mad Season release they did. 

Well, who's to say they don't release another one like they did with the Mad Season?  

Huh... funny I found this thread.. I was going through some of my records last night and cataloging them on Discogs, I pulled out my copy of the self titled album and looked it up and nearly fell off the couch when I saw how much it was worth, I had no idea!! 

Won't be worth as much for long, when the reissue comes out I suppose. 

Pearl Jam was the first concert I ever went to without my parents... 1995, the VS tour. Was awesome. I destroyed my neck from headbanging and my sister got kicked in the head in the moshpit. Good times!

I have gotten stickers and slupmats from several labels I've ordered direct from.  Obviously not amazon or soundstage, but whenever I order from a label directly it seems I get extra stuff, so this slipmat thing is no shock.  Plus it's 10c, you know this could happen, that's why you order from them and not amazon.... if you give a shit about extras.

On 9/22/2017 at 7:19 PM, timsimmons said:

But did they ever say the MS release was black only? 

Im not saying they won't do a surprise variant in the future, I'm just saying there isn't one for LP2 (other than the soft touch sleeve from 10c) . 

They did not, you are right.  As others have said, why the secrets?