PO: Pearl Jam reissues

Hot diggity damn! I was about to post in this thread because I hadn't heard anything in a while. I preordered all three of them. I'm holding off on the reissue of Ten since I already have two copies of it . Now I just want them to reissue Lost Dogs,  Merkin Ball, Live at Benaroya Hall, and  Live at the Gorge.

54 minutes ago, fish said:

Pretty shocked that they sold out of that  $350 boxset already. I know it was limited to 500 but it was just the 10 records and they all seem to be $20-$25 individually (at least the ones currently available). Plus the box being sold for $45.  So it seemed crazy overpriced.

We are talking PJ fans here. If it does come on colored vinyl it will easily sell on ebay for double+. I'm just glad I didn't see it until it was gone because I would have been tempted to spend money I couldn't afford.

33 minutes ago, PookdaddyG said:

Hot diggity damn! I was about to post in this thread because I hadn't heard anything in a while. I preordered all three of them. I'm holding off on the reissue of Ten since I already have two copies of it . Now I just want them to reissue Lost Dogs,  Merkin Ball, Live at Benaroya Hall, and  Live at the Gorge.

Live at the Gorge was never pressed on vinyl. 

Very excited for all of these  (although the singles are a bit less "must have" than the last batch). I'm going to forego the 10C and wait to buy them in-store; I got them all on sale last go-around and got a great deal.

It would be great if LO2L and Lost Dogs were pressed next year, but I'm no going to get my hopes up. 

3 hours ago, kramer73 said:

I'm always surprised how secretive Ten Club is about stuff like that.  Every other band says exactly what you're going to get.

They use it to their advantage now because everyone pulls the trigger overpaying for both the records and shipping hoping to hit the PJ vinyl jackpot.

Have they ever surprised everyone's preorder with a special color without advertising it? I know for the few years I've been a member it has pretty much been like hitting the lottery if you got a colored vinyl that wasn't sold as such. But I hope those who spent the extra $75ish vs buying them separately get something more for it than a bundle convenience fee.

Having a certificate of authenticity with it is kind of odd,  but i'll be shocked if the band signs that many copies.

Edited by fish

10 minutes ago, fish said:

They use it to their advantage now because everyone pulls the trigger overpaying for both the records and shipping hoping to hit the PJ vinyl jackpot.

Have they ever surprised everyone's preorder with a special color without advertising it? I know for the few years I've been a member it has pretty much been like hitting the lottery if you got a colored vinyl that wasn't sold as such. But I hope those who spent the extra $75ish vs buying them separately get something more for it than a bundle convenience fee.

Having a certificate of authenticity with it is kind of odd,  but i'll be shocked if the band signs that many copies.

Lightning Bolt had a few red vinyl sent out, and the Mad Season Benaroya Hall had a red/black as well.  Not all if them, of course.

Edited by kramer73

14 hours ago, PookdaddyG said:

Didn't lightning bolt have a bunch of warped records?

I thought that one was predominantly a pressing issue rather than warping? Mine was perfect and was from that first pressing.

Reading the 10c boards is always good for a laugh, but it's funny how PJ fans can be such conspiracy theorists reading into every single word of every product description or announcement. Someone is wondering if PJ will ever record a new album because the new box says it holds all of their albums and the new score book has all of their songs. :blink:

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I thought that one was predominantly a pressing issue rather than warping? Mine was perfect and was from that first pressing.

Reading the 10c boards is always good for a laugh, but it's funny how PJ fans can be such conspiracy theorists reading into every single word of every product description or announcement. Someone is wondering if PJ will ever record a new album because the new box says it holds all of their albums and the new score book has all of their songs. :blink:

I've said it before, Pearl Jam fans are the worst. 

6 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I think you are right about the pressing issue.

9 hours ago, simple_torture said:

Amazon prices for the LPs aren't that bad ($24.69 each). I'm still convinced I'll be able to find them for under $20 eventually.

Notable: Amazon is using the original LP covers for Avocado and Riot Act, while I've noticed other retailers using the CD covers.

Soundstagedirect.com seems to be the cheapest so far, but I expect Amazon to drop a bit before the release.  But id bet if I waited until after the release and for an LP20 code from soundstage, that would be the best price.  I just don't think I can wait.  Hahaha.