1 hour ago, Vector53 said:

You just a regular there or you know people?

At Origami Records (RIP) for record store day last year I got a big goodie bag for being #1 in line and in it was this pin that gives me discounts all around town. I don't use any of them except Amoeba which is $5 off, usable an infinite amount of times.

4 hours ago, Kanye West said:

At Origami Records (RIP) for record store day last year I got a big goodie bag for being #1 in line and in it was this pin that gives me discounts all around town. I don't use any of them except Amoeba which is $5 off, usable an infinite amount of times.

Huh what a thing. Makes me miss OV alot. One of the best record stores.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I haven't listened to Tobacco before but Gods In Heat is probably one of the crunchiest, grooviest, grimiest, infectious jams I've heard this year.  Between that and that mockup, I opted to get reamed by that $31 PPD / single LP madness.

You gotta check out/pick up Ultima II Massage and Maniac Meat as well.

Ultima II especially as from everything I've heard so far Tobacco Sweatbox sounds to be a direct sequel soundwise.

19 minutes ago, rooks said:

You gotta check out/pick up Ultima II Massage and Maniac Meat as well.

Ultima II especially as from everything I've heard so far Tobacco Sweatbox sounds to be a direct sequel soundwise.

Hell yes. They're all great.

So lucky to have found a red Maniac Meat on eBay for $30 last month. My dipped Ultima II is maybe my favorite looking wax too. 

QECZ3Pb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my copy from Amoeba today, the vinyl isn't much to look at -- at least on my copy, it's really color *in* color, like you can't even tell what the center color is because it's totally inside the dark blue. But the tunes are good for the most part. A lot like the last solo Tobacco. I love the tape hiss that runs over the whole album.

7 minutes ago, ratbrain said:

Got my copy from Amoeba today, the vinyl isn't much to look at -- at least on my copy, it's really color *in* color, like you can't even tell what the center color is because it's totally inside the dark blue. But the tunes are good for the most part. A lot like the last solo Tobacco. I love the tape hiss that runs over the whole album.

I'm sorta bummed I switched my order - two of my buddies got their Ghostly copies earlier this week, meanwhile my Amoeba copy just shipped today. Oh well. Holding off listening until I get my copy.

• 6 months later...

Looks like Rad Cult subtely updated their fb which shows a ton of upcoming first pressings and reissues in 2017 and 2018, mainly pertaining to BMSR and tobacco.

looks like we can expect a PO for maniac meat sometime soon, maybe even RSD?

https://m.facebook.com/pg/radcultco/about/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1