If you could choose an artist to cover another artist's song, which would it be?

I'd have David Bazan covering something by Bruce Springsteen. Springsteen gets a bad rap from alternative-minded people because he's a big establishment rock star with horns and keyboards, but so many of his songs have desolate, angry themes that Bazan could really access a new side of. He could channel some of this:

into a song like this:

Or something like this:

into this:

I could rack my brain over this indefinitely because covers are my favorite thing about indie, punk, etc. bands. I've just always felt like they're a part of the punk culture. Anyway, here's a few I've thought of:

TWIABP- Tilly & The Wall's Night of the Living Dead

Capsize- any Translating the Name-era Saosin track or early Spencer-era Underoath

Set Your Goals- Bane's Park St, or really anything from Don't Wait Up

I'd love to hear someone current cover a few Eric's Trip tracks from Love Tara, or maybe View Master.

Maybe Title Fight and Superheaven cover a song or two each. One that Jamie Rhoden sings and one that Jake Clarke sings. For example, on "Downswing" by Superheaven I get a major Rhoden vibe. Could bring something interesting to the guitar work for each band

Edited by paynegretzky

19 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I was about to be like "Uhh that is so fucking stupid..." but no, that's sadly actually a very intriguing idea. Mostly because REM are SO MUCH BETTER than Brand New. I'm sure Sowing Season would be god damn haunting

I can hear Stipe saying "was losing all my friends..."