PO Now: Portugal the Man - Woodstock

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

Blasphemy.

35 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

American Ghetto is the only Portugal record I deem "forgettable", though there are still some awesome tracks on that record. 

Hey, to each their own.  I don't think they're bad by any means, they just never really clicked for me.  This is a band that hasn't made the same album twice, so there's something for everyone, imo.

Edited by tdogg241

http://www.portugaltheman.com/news/everything-you-need-know-about-portugal-man-s-new-album-156956

New album is called "Woodstock". 

Edit: "Feel It Still" is the first single, and "Noise Pollution" will not be on the album.

Edited by Thomas³

"Fate stuck it's wiener in John's ear again when he found his dad's ticket stub from the original 1969 Woodstock music festival"

Although the past few albums of theirs haven't clicked with me as well I still have high hopes for ptm and their new album. I just feel like the previous few lp's have been leaning a little too far towards accessibility, which is fine but I just don't hear that kind've organic sound they had going before.

They've always had an obvious  element of pop/rap & hip hop influence among many others and it's flashed through their music in a variety of  more unique ways each album, so I suppose that's what i'm looking for again.  

Danger mouse is great  i'm just hoping he doesn't influence the sound too much on this album. Not to mention it's good they're digging into some socially conscious topics on this album there is a lot to be talked about.

Edited by icecream

5 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

Am I the only one who really LOVES Evil Friends?  There are some serious jams on there!

That being said, I celebrate their entire catalogue. These dudes have evolved nicely and I am all about it from start to finish. 

Nah man, I love Evil Friends. I also enjoy every album for what it is, and love seeing how far they've come and evolved over each release.

6 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

Am I the only one who really LOVES Evil Friends?  There are some serious jams on there! 

I didn't realize there was so much hate for it until I came into this thread. I think all the PTM albums are good, but this is the only one I listen to on repeat. Whenever it ends I just want to start it again.

Evil Friends is my least favorite album of theirs, but that does not weigh much since they are my favorite band. I listen to all their albums all the time.

I'd love to see a 7" of Noise Pollution, with maybe another b-side on it. On Reddit John did say we'd see portions of G+D released. I'd love to see "You Can't Control" it or "Crown" with it. I doubt we'll ever see full versions of either though :(.

Edit: Feel It Still

Edited by Thomas³

16 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Nah man, I love Evil Friends. I also enjoy every album for what it is, and love seeing how far they've come and evolved over each release.

I agree I have been a fan of PTM since I followed John and Zach over from Anatomy of a Ghost haha, and they put up the Monster Under a Brown Coat ep on purevolume. I love the evolution on each album for what it is, some may miss a little bit but i think that can be said about any band that experiments with their sound as  much as they do. Also i am excited to see how their roots in electronic and hip hop influence this album. Cant wait...... HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...