Picked up my most coveted album this weekend! (official QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf)

Just wanted to brag a bit :P and thought you guys might like seeing some decent pics. Had to spend a pretty penny on it but it's totally worth it.

Cover and vinyl:

L9reGm2l.jpg

Flower etching indicating mastering by Brian Gardner:

00Q4DQ6l.jpg

Parental advisory sticker still intact:

fp7gOd2l.jpg

yujQG6Il.jpg

Back:

PdDS5pll.jpg

I am also jealous. I love this album. My first club show was seeing them touring on this album. Saw them again two months later at an arena too. Had TWO of the sperm logo shirts. But I have no desire to pay the prices even the bootlegs go for.

I'll buy it the second they repress it though

53 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I am also jealous. I love this album. My first club show was seeing them touring on this album. Saw them again two months later at an arena too. Had TWO of the sperm logo shirts. But I have no desire to pay the prices even the bootlegs go for.

I'll buy it the second they repress it though

Totally need a spermy Q shirt

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I wore that shirt like once a week when I was younger than you. Every single time someone would point at me and say "Youve got sperm on your shirt Hahahaha" like they were the first person to ever say that.

I only wish I had had the balls to say "Yeah, more than you'd think too..."

I just need more music shirts. I need to make a list of ones I'd want and if they don't exist get them printed myself or something. 

6 hours ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Band shirts? What's technically correct? I didn't want to exclusively lock it to bands, I kinda want a guitar one too.

People typically say band shirts.

2 hours ago, kjkenney said:

Holy shit I just realized this album came out in '02 when I was 16. Time flies.

Also, damn you're younger than I thought bladewillis, if you were younger than rez back when this came out

Yeah I was 15 when this came out and I'd only been 16 for a month or two when they came to town. My buddy was still 15 and made up some story about his learners permit being in the mail so they'd let him in. He got about two words in and the bouncer was like "Yeah whatever, just let me put the X's on your hand"

This was so long ago that everyone inside the club and onstage was chain smoking cigarettes and passing bowls around.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

People typically say band shirts.

Yeah I was 15 when this came out and I'd only been 16 for a month or two when they came to town. My buddy was still 15 and made up some story about his learners permit being in the mail so they'd let him in. He got about two words in and the bouncer was like "Yeah whatever, just let me put the X's on your hand"

This was so long ago that everyone inside the club and onstage was chain smoking cigarettes and passing bowls around.

haha that sounds awesome. 

14 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

This came out when I was going through my first marriage. I remember loving the song "Gonna Leave You" a little too much because of her... which I did by the way lol

I love when music has that impact on you. Brothers by Black Keys was my album for my last sever breakup. "My next girl is gonna be nothing like my last girl". Shit still gives me chills when I listen to it, transports me back

2 hours ago, kjkenney said:

I love when music has that impact on you. Brothers by Black Keys was my album for my last sever breakup. "My next girl is gonna be nothing like my last girl". Shit still gives me chills when I listen to it, transports me back

I love that album and especially that song, along with Ten Cent Pistol. Certainly a perfect "regrouping" song for after a break up for sure!

• 1 year later...

@bluescreenlife:

sorry, that I'm reviving this old thread.

I have a question about your copy. Are you satisfied with the pressing quality of this red Ipecac pressing? Are you experiencing poor pressing quality with pops and crackling on both records and particularly on the first song of side D? I read some mixed opinions about it.

Thank you!

57 minutes ago, Iggy_Pilot said:

@bluescreenlife:

sorry, that I'm reviving this old thread.

I have a question about your copy. Are you satisfied with the pressing quality of this red Ipecac pressing? Are you experiencing poor pressing quality with pops and crackling on both records and particularly on the first song of side D? I read some mixed opinions about it.

Thank you!

I actually sold my copy, I couldn't justify having a record worth $300 on my shelf when I had other monetary needs. However, the few times I played it, it had some very light crackles here and there, presumably just from use over the years, but only really noticeable between songs.. During the songs that pressing kicked ass. Dynamic, punchy, I loved it.