Squeaky Clean Vinyl RCM

• 5 months later...

After spending a bit of time using mine I realized if I kept it up I'd go deaf due to the shop vac being so close. I ran down to the hardware store and bough a plastic storage bin. Drilled a hole in the top with a 2" bit (doorknob bit) and I fed the hose through that. I muffles the sound really well. I also bought one of these https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Wire-Cable-EC870615-15-Foot/dp/B006G69Z44/ref=pd_bxgy_60_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B006G69Z44&pd_rd_r=ZSYVDJXVXPSTYMCA42CC&pd_rd_w=mMLsW&pd_rd_wg=pBWtX&psc=1&refRID=ZSYVDJXVXPSTYMCA42CC

and that allows me to turn the vac on/off without having to reach back into the bin

18 minutes ago, tankerdesk said:

After spending a bit of time using mine I realized if I kept it up I'd go deaf due to the shop vac being so close. I ran down to the hardware store and bough a plastic storage bin. Drilled a hole in the top with a 2" bit (doorknob bit) and I fed the hose through that. I muffles the sound really well. I also bought one of these https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Wire-Cable-EC870615-15-Foot/dp/B006G69Z44/ref=pd_bxgy_60_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B006G69Z44&pd_rd_r=ZSYVDJXVXPSTYMCA42CC&pd_rd_w=mMLsW&pd_rd_wg=pBWtX&psc=1&refRID=ZSYVDJXVXPSTYMCA42CC

and that allows me to turn the vac on/off without having to reach back into the bin

I did something similar. I built a wooden cabinet and lined it with sound dampening board, drilled a hole for the hose, and then added several breathing spaces to prevent overheating. I use the same function with the power strip to turn the vac on and off. Despite being built shoddily by a novice, the cabinet helps tremendously with the sound and also gives me a nice large surface to clean the records on. I think I spent close to $80 on materials (wood, sound board, screws, latch, braces, caster wheels, etc).