1 minute ago, WAXXX said:

bastion and roadhog are quickly becoming favorites as well and getting added into my torbjorn rotation.

I should play more Roadhog. He's really fun, but if I'm playing tank I usually go Winston. Love me some gorillas.

My top played is Junkrat, offense I go Pharrah (and recently Reaper), I'm ok with Mei and play her kind of regularly. I'm terrible with the snipers. I had a lot of fun with Symmetra the other day, may rotate her in a little more, and I like a good game of "team D.va."

Mercy is fun, but if I'm playing healer lately I go Lucio. It's way easier.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I should play more Roadhog. He's really fun, but if I'm playing tank I usually go Winston. Love me some gorillas.

My top played is Junkrat, offense I go Pharrah (and recently Reaper), I'm ok with Mei and play her kind of regularly. I'm terrible with the snipers. I had a lot of fun with Symmetra the other day, may rotate her in a little more, and I like a good game of "team D.va."

Mercy is fun, but if I'm playing healer lately I go Lucio. It's way easier.

i want to play lucio, just haven't. mccree, pharrah, and reaper are fun as well if i need to destroy bastions or torbjorns. i'm also terrible with the snipers, but want to get good with hanzo. i've seen some awesome hanzos out there who are the sole reason their team wins.

part of why i like this game so much is that there are so many options. 10-12 hours played so far and i feel like i've barely scratched the surface.

53 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Omar is 32 already? Or someone else?

that dude must play constantly!

(I'll be on for a couple games tonight around 6pst)

Haha I am 61 ;)

I like pretty much everyone. D.VA is my favorite, she's just a ton of fun for me to play with I really don't get bored of her, despite her lackluster ult.

My least time-played are Widow, Tracer, Reinhardt, and Mei.  I played a little tracer alst night and got 1 of her 2 trophies. Once I get the other I'll probably not play her much.

I haven't given Mei a chance, really. And I've started playing Widow a little bit on defence ~1 hour with her and I've had some good matches. I'm going to try to use her instead of Hanzo when applicable, it's just his ult is much better than hers IMO. Especially for solo play.

I find Reinhardt boring as fuck to play even though I know he can be a cornerstone for a good team.

Edited by rooks

41 minutes ago, rooks said:

Haha I am 61 ;)

I like pretty much everyone. D.VA is my favorite, she's just a ton of fun for me to play with I really don't get bored of her, despite her lackluster ult.

My least time-played are Widow, Tracer, Reinhardt, and Mei.  I played a little tracer alst night and got 1 of her 2 trophies. Once I get the other I'll probably not play her much.

I haven't given Mei a chance, really. And I've started playing Widow a little bit on defence ~1 hour with her and I've had some good matches. I'm going to try to use her instead of Hanzo when applicable, it's just his ult is much better than hers IMO. Especially for solo play.

I find Reinhardt boring as fuck to play even though I know he can be a cornerstone for a good team.

Didn't Omar start playing like a week ago though? :)

and we we all know you play all the time, bb! ;)

I love reinhart, but I find myself playing him seldom because someone else always picks him before I do, and two reinharts is often too many.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Didn't Omar start playing like a week ago though? :)

and we we all know you play all the time, bb! ;)

I love reinhart, but I find myself playing him seldom because someone else always picks him before I do, and two reinharts is often too many.

four reinhardts on the other hand...

Played a couple games as an absolutely BRUTAL Winston earlier today. Jump in, shield, kill kill kill. Jump back to the rest of my timid ass team. Recharge shield, repeat with the team actually following up, ult, bash bash bash, jump jump jump, push that payloooooad. Shield, killllls. I don't know if I was just really on, or if the other team was the worst I've ever played against, but it was ridiculous.

I was really excited about the build up for this with all of those animated shorts. I'm a sucker for a good story. It seems like Blizzard spent a whole lot of time building this really cool world with a lot of back story and then dispensed of it pretty much immediately when it comes to gameplay. It's like the team making and gameplay objectives have no correlation to the narrative they built in all of the lead up.

I get that it is an amazing multiplayer shooter, just disappointed at what it could have been I guess..

I solo queue more than I'd like to, and it's a horrific experience no matter what character you use. 

But, if I am running Lucio or Mercy and the other team is THAT bad, (you know how bad) I switch to any character that heals himself and just do my own thing for the rest of the match. Soldier, Roadhog, even Reaper or DVA.

I've won a couple of matches solo queuing as Lucio on Capture objectives with bad teams... but when the team is so bad that you check your comp and there are 2 Hanzos and a widow on your squad for Ilios... it's time to just do whatever you want.

Edited by rooks

5 minutes ago, rooks said:

I solo queue more than I'd like to, and it's a horrific experience no matter what character you use. 

But, if I am running Lucio or Mercy and the other team is THAT bad, (you know how bad) I switch to any character that heals himself and just do my own thing for the rest of the match. Soldier, Roadhog, even Reaper or DVA.

I've won a couple of matches solo queuing as Lucio on Capture objectives with bad teams... but when the team is so bad that you check your comp and there are 2 Hanzos and a widow on your squad for Ilios... it's time to just do whatever you want.

Barf.

did Mac tell you how bad our last match after you left yesterday was? Because it was fucking horrific.

2 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

probably why i only win around half the time. it's also really frustrating when a significant portion of the matches are 6 versus 5. 

Gross. I will say, even when we group up sometimes we get matched up against ridiculous teams that stomp us, but it's definitely more fun with a group you can communicate easily with!

On Monday, June 06, 2016 at 10:11 PM, atticus said:

I was really excited about the build up for this with all of those animated shorts. I'm a sucker for a good story. It seems like Blizzard spent a whole lot of time building this really cool world with a lot of back story and then dispensed of it pretty much immediately when it comes to gameplay. It's like the team making and gameplay objectives have no correlation to the narrative they built in all of the lead up.

I get that it is an amazing multiplayer shooter, just disappointed at what it could have been I guess..

I wouldn't count Blizzard out yet.  They know the value of world-building.  If the game is successful, I bet that they will get the budget to build on a lot of that stuff in the future.