Solo mainly. Duo occasionally. I've tried the whole pre-made thing and it doesn't work if everyone in your group is a different skill level. I haven't had someone leave my game in a while, but I remember it being the worst. Especially since there's next to no penalty for them and you still take a full loss.

1 hour ago, WAXXX said:

should be a 72-hour suspension from competitive play. going up in increments based on how often you continue to abuse it. leave competitive play to the people who really care.

Agreed. The whole CSGO penalty system works extremely well. However starting at 72 hours opposed to 30 mins would be ideal.

I'm considering tracking down one of those cloth / "ribbon" rulers that they use to take your measurements when you're being fitted for suit; all I have right now is a construction-grade tape measure, and it's kind of awkward.  What are you guys using to measure your dicks?

But in all seriousness, I'm not good at competitive play or Overwatch in general.  I get some decent games with a few characters but overall there's just too many variables with random teammates and my consistency.  But mostly teammates.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

I'm considering tracking down one of those cloth / "ribbon" rulers that they use to take your measurements when you're being fitted for suit; all I have right now is a construction-grade tape measure, and it's kind of awkward.  What are you guys using to measure your dicks?

But in all seriousness, I'm not good at competitive play or Overwatch in general.  I get some decent games with a few characters but overall there's just too many variables with random teammates and my consistency.  But mostly teammates.

I used a $100 bill to measure, it's a perfect match. I get you though, I've learned that you can't rely on anyone so I just focus on flanking the enemy which generally leads us to victory. I also pity everyone who plays this game on console, I constantly shake my head at the balancing troubles. I don't know how you guys do it.

29 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I've taped 2 yard sticks together, and just estimate the rest.

52 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

L O L. I love seeing Derek say he's not good and then playing with him, Shlebs, and Rooks and I'm by far the worst out of all of us. :D

(and then I yell at rooks to get on the point as he kills 4 people because I don't know it's him :P)

aaaaaanywho. Videogames are fun. <3

thanks for not getting down on me for being bad, dudes!

I only drop the pants when I'm about to open a loot box.  Even if I get no decent rewards, I like the sound effect in conjunction with my junk – makes it feel like the game is marveling at my manhood.  That's why it takes me a little bit longer to open those boxes; sorry, dudes.

Edited by Derek™

Apparently I'm much better at Lucioball than the real game.

Also...I bought 24 of the loot boxes because I'm part of the problem. Got that Lucio skin for Lucioball though. And the Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots Bastion emote. Stoked about it.

I think out of the 24 of them I also opened like...7 gold skins, 2 purple skins, 4 or 5 purple emotes and about 800 coins. I'm not gonna say it was worth it...but it was totally worth it. That said, I didn't get the damn D.Va skin which is the only one I really wanted from the new stuff. Out of the Olympics ones I got Lucio and Tracer that I remember, Got one of the rad Ana skins and some other decent gold skins that I didn't necessarily need because I already had "better ones" for those characters already.

Also played Ana for the first time tonight (practice range and then attacking on Volskya). She's...awesome. Kill some dudes, heal some dudes, power up a Reinhardt and then just keep shooting heal darts at his back while he fucks up EVERYONE. Fire indiscriminately into groups of people because you're definitely hitting someone and doing some good? Yup.

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Also played Ana for the first time tonight (practice range and then attacking on Volskya). She's...awesome. Kill some dudes, heal some dudes, power up a Reinhardt and then just keep shooting heal darts at his back while he fucks up EVERYONE. Fire indiscriminately into groups of people because you're definitely hitting someone and doing some good? Yup.

not to mention putting another player to sleep. devastating if used properly.

These "summer games" loot boxes have been very good to me. (knock on wood)

Only thing I still want/need is the D.Va skin still! It's probably my favorite of all of hers.

Skin brag:

Genji - Summer Games skin. Pretty alright. Too bad I think I've played him about 5 minutes. Got a chrome recently, kind of ok. Still want the Dune looking skin though. Got that white Dune looking skin.

McCree - Mystery Man (Got that aggressively American skin today. I kind of love it.)

Pharah - I bought Anubis a while back thinking I'd use it, but I've just stuck with Mecha Queen. Both rad though.  Using a Raindancer

Reaper - Bought El Blanco the other day. Popped a Plague Doctor now too.

Soldier 76 - Night Ops is my fav. Commander Morrison is ok too.

Tracer: Scored one both of the Summer Games skins, but still think Slipstream is the best. Using the Brit track and field one.

Bastion - Overgrown. Eventually I want to grab a Wooden one, but I never play him so it's not a priority. Did get that Rock 'em Sock 'em emote though, so maybe I'll give him another try soon.

Hanzo - No neat skins yet. Not worried though, only ones I like are the wolf ones and I never play him anyway. Getting so close to having one for everyone I just went ahead and bought Okami...probably should have waited until next update, but whatever.

Junkrat - Toasted. I'm not crazy about his other skins, so even though I play him pretty regularly I haven't snagged a gold one yet. Waiting to see if anything good shows up soon.

Mei - Persimmon. Love it for whatever reason. Waiting for her to get some new skins. Opened an Abominable today. Equipped until I see a new skin for her. Opened a Firefighter one too.

Torbjorn - Nabbed that Summer Games one. Pretty cool, but I opened a Blackbeard the other day that I think I like more.

Widowmaker - I've gotten a weird amount of these...Comtesse, Hunter, Noire, Tricolor Summer Games one. Comtesse is best though. Have now opened 4 5 of the Summer Games skin.

D.Va - Lemon-Lime is best. Want that Summer Games one though! If I don't get it at some point I may grab one of the legendary ones.

Reinhardt - Lionhardt. Rowr. Popped a Bloodhardt yesterday now too. Griefhardt all day!

Roadhog - Sharkbait. Was using Pigpen for a while, but got this the other day.

Winston - Safari, sucka. Popped a Frogston a while back too.

Zarya - Got that arctic, but I'm using the weightlifting one from Summer Games now!

Ana - Got that sweet, sweet Wadjet from a box...then today opened Captain Amari. Sticking with Wadj though.

Lucio - Ribbit (love that froggy) but when I play Lucioball I swap out to Striker. Got both Summer Games ones now. ;) (the white one I've gotten 3 times now.)

Mercy - Sigrun is the one I use, but Valkyrie is rad too. Kind of want the Summer Games Swedish one too. Got it. Wouldn't mind snagging an Imp at some point too.

Symmetra - For a while was using Vishkar, finally grabbed Devi a couple days ago though.

Zenyatta -I've got/like all the legendaries besides Sunyatta. Using Ra.

So yeah. This was mostly just to brag that I've got Gold skins for 17 of the 22 characters, and multiples for most of them. <3 purty characters <3

Just using this to keep track of what I have now.

(Officially have one summer skin from each character that got one except that damn D.Va skin now!! <_<  Don't have the British Tracer, White outfit Zarya, and of course I'm missing D.Va.)

So at this point I'm just missing legendary skins for Genji and D.Va, but I have that Nihon skin for Genji which is ok. Just want to see if anything really cool comes out for D.Va next patch. I have 4k coins in the bank, so those are going toward: Griefhardt. Maybe a skin for D.Va, skin for a new characters (I expect there to be two for some reason...) Only ones I don't have a legendary skin for are D.Va and Junkrat now. Sigh...C'mon new skins!

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone cares about/reads this anymore but me, but I got that Winston "cute" spray today for hitting all 6 enemies in primal rage. Was pretty stoked about it. Finally got the Junkrat 4 kill, Symetra "cute" teleport skin, and the D.Va pixel now too.

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I got that Winston "cute" spray today for hitting all 6 enemies in primal rage.

nice. i just started using winston in certain situations to jump over walls and capture points. my luck with loot boxes is awful. i'm level 70 and only have 2-3 of the yellow skins. switched pretty much exclusively to roadhog for competitive play.