PO: MESHUGGAH - 25 Years Of Musical Deviance (17 LP Box Set)

Holy crap!!!

The ninth wonder of the unnatural world, extreme tech-metal messiah's MESHUGGAH are releasing the ultimate collectors piece, 25 Years Of Musical Deviance box set, which will be released on July 29, 2016 via Nuclear Blast Records. The set is limited to 1,000 units worldwide - only 585 will be available in the USA. Order at nuclearblast.com/meshuggah25years.

The 25 Years Of Musical Deviance box set will include
• Outer case with 3D cover art
• Slipmat with exclusive design
• 100-page hardcover book with lyrics and previously unreleased photos
• Blu-ray with all music videos and previously unreleased studio footage
• (17) ultra clear, 180 gram 12-inch vinyl featuring brand new artwork

Below are the vinyl that are included in the box set:
• Meshuggah EP - single, 45rpm vinyl
• Contradictions Collapse - double, 33 1/3rpm vinyl
• None EP - single, 33 1/3rpm vinyl
• Destroy Erase Improve - double vinyl, 45rpm vinyl
• Chaosphere - double vinyl, 45rpm vinyl
• Nothing - double vinyl, 45rpm vinyl
• I EP - single vinyl, 33 1/3rpm vinyl
• Catch 33 - double vinyl, 33 1/3rpm vinyl
• obZen - double vinyl, 45rpm vinyl
• Koloss - double vinyl, 45rpm vinyl

Blu-ray Tracklisting:
Music Videos
• "Abnegating Cecity"
• "Terminal Illusions"
• "New Millennium Cyanide Christ"
• "Rash In All Gays"
• "Rational Gaze"
• "Shed"
• "Breaking Those Bones Who Sinews Gave It Motion"
• "Demiurge"
• "I Am Colossus"

Studio Videos:
• Contradictions Collapse
• None
• Destroy Erase Improve
• Chaosphere
• I

http://www.nuclearblast.de/de/produkte/tontraeger/vinyl/lp/meshuggah-25-years-clear-vinyl-us-import.html

MY GOD. YES! I've never needed anything more in my life than this!

The price tag definitely hurts - it hurts bad. BUT I honestly don't have a problem with it, considering how much you're actually getting. Especially with four of those records being OOP and having a much higher price tag on their own. I also find it hard to believe that they'll be doing individual re-presses of the entire catalog, given the amount of money/time already thrown into this package itself. So it's safe to say, this might be the only chance to grab the Meshuggah EP, Chaosphere and Nothing without refinancing your mortgage. 

Also, loving the new artwork.

Biggest record purchase of my life? Yes. 

1 hour ago, najerarick88 said:

Wow, so apparently NB US is STILL charging shipping for this. $20.00! AND CA sales tax, which shoots this sucker up to $300.00USD. The initial price was already a tough pill to swallow, now I'm probably not going to grab this after all...

I remember Nuclear Blast used to do local pick-up, so if you were in the area you could just drive there and not deal with postal service bullshit, but I see that you're in SD and their office is far from you, also I'm not sure if they still do local pick-up. However if anyone is buying this from the LA area I'd recommend looking into it.

3 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

I remember Nuclear Blast used to do local pick-up, so if you were in the area you could just drive there and not deal with postal service bullshit, but I see that you're in SD and their office is far from you, also I'm not sure if they still do local pick-up. However if anyone is buying this from the LA area I'd recommend looking into it.

I would've been totally down to do this if I was still living in DTLA. But the cost of gas would basically come out to the same I'd pay for shipping/sales tax. 

I'm now going to through my collection to see what records I really don't listen to or need anymore, just so I can fund this. Haha. 

Since they are not mentioning the mastering it makes me a bit hesitant. I had both the EU and US copy of obzen and they sounded horrible on vinyl (because of the brickwalling). Koloss doesnt sound that good either (for example when comparing with Carcass - Surgical Steel 45RPM).

DEI and CC re-issues sounded very good though, even though they still used the louder re-mastered versions. 

Wow, that is immense! And really not a bad price when you consider the content. Still, a lot to drop at once, and I'd consider myself more of a casual fan of them so its a miss from me.

Stoked for those that love them though, it does look amazing. Will be interested to find out what people think once they have their copies.

On 7 June 2016 at 7:27 PM, DarcX said:

For those wondering about the mastering, I've heard these will be CD rips...

But, I don't think anyone offers a source for that info in that thread? So who knows for sure I guess.

The fact when record companies are not using the original artwork is also a giveaway - if they dont even have the artwork (even a mint original press to scan), why should they go through the trouble in finding all the original tapes and files and remaster them. I hope Im wrong but I will wait and see. 

edit: the link wont open btw.

Edited by markok