PO: Lost in Kiev - Nuit Noire (9/2/2016)

2w6w1n9.jpg

FFO: Jakob, Russian Circles, Puzzle, Astralia, heavy post-rock with sound clips

To be released September 2, 2016 on Vinyl/CD/Digital through Dunk! Records. Their first album, Motions, can be found here.

Track List:

1. Narcosis
2. Insomnia
3. Mirrors
4. Nuit Noire
5. Somnipathy
6. Catalepsy
7. Resilience
8. Celestial
9. Emersion

Edited by omik11303
title change

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

This album is killer so far. Need to grab a copy of this.

//

180g double vinyl in two colors in gatefold package with upgraded cardboard.

Comes with download code.

/250

https://shop.dunkfestival.com/products/lost-in-kiev-nuit-noire-pre-order-deals

CrXZ-zWWEAEO0pe.jpg

I need both this and their first LP. The problem is the import is always way too pricey and I can't seem to find either one in a distro where I could lump some other stuff on top.

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

Listen on Spotify. It's up. We're working on a group buy. Stay tuned. 

I would but I don't use spotify or any streaming service if its not on my i-Pod before I leave in the morning it has to wait till I'm home (but tbf there's 17,000 songs on me at any one time on my classic so it won't be a tough wait.).

I'm also based in the UK so probably won't need to partake in the group buy because shipping from the EU shouldn't fully bankrupt me, but thanks for thinking of covering me. I know I'm still quite a new face here so being considered trustworthy enough to join in on a group-buy gave me a warm fuzzy. ;-)

I see Motions in distros everywhere, pretty cheap. I think they pressed 550 in black. You know Dunk! was happy just to unload all of them. Repeated (sleepy) listens to Nuit Noire holds my interest up front - first track reminds me heavily of another group, blanking atm, and tracks 3-4 could be Motions II ... The last few tracks seem more mellow and I taper off.  That I can't recall the closer tells me to hold onto my $34 a bit longer for final judgment. Seeing Russian Circles live seems to  affect everything music for me.

3 hours ago, drds89 said:

I see Motions in distros everywhere, pretty cheap. I think they pressed 550 in black. You know Dunk! was happy just to unload all of them. Repeated (sleepy) listens to Nuit Noire holds my interest up front - first track reminds me heavily of another group, blanking atm, and tracks 3-4 could be Motions II ... The last few tracks seem more mellow and I taper off.  That I can't recall the closer tells me to hold onto my $34 a bit longer for final judgment. Seeing Russian Circles live seems to  affect everything music for me.

They sound like Cult of Luna meets Red Sparowes to me, and samples how Kokomo wished they could.

On 10/14/2016 at 3:46 PM, Dave Grohl said:

They sound like Cult of Luna meets Red Sparowes to me, and samples how Kokomo wished they could.

Excellent description! 

Track one Narcosis = Daturah guitars from various Reverie tracks.  Giving it another go now, we'll see how the back end holds up...really trying to stay focused.

From the Wout:

Please meet C.J. from A Thousand Arms (and Ranges). He would be glad to help you with your next order.
Feel free to let him know what you need as soon as you know. Don’t worry about limited stock. We’ll figure it out.
If you are interested in dunk!releases that are not in his store (The Seven Mile Journey for example) we can also take care of that.

I'm emailing CJ now to see if a discount can be arranged.

We're going to need a solid count. He only has those 2, as mentioned, so if I can get CJ a number of who's in, Wout will ship them to the US store, and then like a dandelion losing its seeds to the wind as the seasons turn, our shipments will mail out from there.

He's ordering the EU version of Pray For Sound's new one so our shipment will more than likely hitch a ride with that. There will be a discount, we can at least entertain the thought as nothing is in stone. If someone wants to ask in the EU group buy thread (ive got meetings from the minute i hit reply) I can at least get a count and email him before the weekend.

Please keep in mind we'll have to wait until November (thats a no brainer). Please also outline a few points from this to let those that want in, to submit their name...again, this would be for a price point.

Thanks.

(hes also willing to send over anything else from the BEL dunk! store if there are other requests. that should save on shipping too)

Edited by abovetheearth

12 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

We're going to need a solid count. He only has those 2, as mentioned, so if I can get CJ a number of who's in, Wout will ship them to the US store, and then like a dandelion losing its seeds to the wind as the seasons turn, our shipments will mail out from there.

He's ordering the EU version of Pray For Sound's new one so our shipment will more than likely hitch a ride with that. There will be a discount, we can at least entertain the thought as nothing is in stone. If someone wants to ask in the EU group buy thread (ive got meetings from the minute i hit reply) I can at least get a count and email him before the weekend.

Please keep in mind we'll have to wait until November (thats a no brainer). Please also outline a few points from this to let those that want in, to submit their name...again, this would be for a price point.

Thanks.

(hes also willing to send over anything else from the BEL dunk! store if there are other requests. that should save on shipping too)

+1 so we can figure out price.

That track Mirrors, esp. the samples, dovetails so well with Motions, and has earwormed me all day. "I'll try..." / "Don't try."

The music in the beginning reminds me a LOT of Dumbsaint, one of my pet bands from AUS. More listens have pushed it way over the 8.5 range, the back end is coming along.  

7 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

We're going to need a solid count.

Put me down for a solid commit, Charlie.

I have to restrain on TSMJ, Pray For Sound and any other stuff right now.

1 hour ago, drds89 said:

That track Mirrors, esp. the samples, dovetails so well with Motions, and has earwormed me all day. "I'll try..." / "Don't try."

The music in the beginning reminds me a LOT of Dumbsaint, one of my pet bands from AUS. More listens have pushed it way over the 8.5 range, the back end is coming along.  

Put me down for a solid commit, Charlie.

I have to restrain on TSMJ, Pray For Sound and any other stuff right now.

Yeah, this one is an example of how much an album can bloom. It was great first listen, but damnnnnn did it open up. Easily favorite post rock album of the year. It's a solid strong 9.5 for me. This is the album I've been waiting for.

Just so y'all know, I'm buying this before listening because of all of the feedback (don't use spotify). So if I don't like it I'm blaming EVERYONE(!!!) who posted in this thread. 

No way this will touch RC for me, but I have high hopes. Cheers.

EDIT: Holy shit, this record is 50euros shipped to Australia. I might have to rethink.

Edited by pemulis
new info