R.E.M. To reissue 3 albums.

I lucked out and found Live at Olympia on Amazon for $40 from a private seller.  It had a black marker/pen indentation through the bar code but everything else was fine.  One disc needed extra tracking weight to overcome a skip.  I'm curious how the box set got that marker over the bar code...that's normally reserved for overstock.

29 minutes ago, rds said:

Awesome!  I've got 30 of those so far.  I also had the Rolling Stone and Without Blinking an Eye boots but the copies I bought had skips so I mailed them back. It's addicting.

It sure is!  I *think* I'm pretty close to having most every REM vinyl bootleg out there.  There's only a handful I know of that I don't have yet. The first I ever got was the Do You Remember Dead Giveaway Office from a friend.  I've probably had it for over 25 years or so now.  Long after that, I somehow snagged the copy of Chronic Murmurings.  It was that bootleg that made me want everything else out there.  Some are good, most are bad, but every single one is a treasure trove of great stuff.  :D

14 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

BM ust put up their listing of Out of Time.

looks like there will be a 1LP reissue and a 3 LP reissue. 

Hopefully they they go back and release the deluxe editions of all the previous reissues on vinyl. 

Was 3 LP a typo?  I only see a single LP and 2 LP with no prices.

Edit: Nevermind.  It didn't come up when I searched for it, but i see the link on their twitter page.   $67 for a 3 LP Set.   I wonder what else is included.  

Edited by YouTwo

38 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Edit: Nevermind.  It didn't come up when I searched for it, but i see the link on their twitter page.   $67 for a 3 LP Set.   I wonder what else is included.  

There's a decent CD bootleg of Out of Time demos ("Time of Outtakes") that would make some sense.

48 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Here is the 3 LP tracklisting: https://www.amazon.com/Out-Time-LP-25th-Anniversary/dp/B01KXQBQIK

Edited by rds

I've been listening to mostly REM bootlegs the last few months and find hearing the demos and live tracks to be as interesting/fun as hearing the original albums.  So, the 3xLP is a no-brainer for me.

As for those bundles...I would only really want a shirt and, after tax and shipping, the shirt + 3xLP bundle ends up being about $20 more than Amazon Prime.  So, $20 extra for a shirt, basically.  Doesn't seem like that great of a deal so I'm sticking to just the 3xLP via Prime.

If anyone is considering/wanting the deluxe package for the extra overpriced swag, but aren't really keen on getting the shirt/jigsaw puzzle or whatever.   You can buy that stuff individually at the UK store.  Seems like a load of sh*t to me that the US store doesn't have that option.  Go figure...

http://r-e-m.firebrandstores.com/

1 hour ago, bungie said:

If anyone is considering/wanting the deluxe package for the extra overpriced swag, but aren't really keen on getting the shirt/jigsaw puzzle or whatever.   You can buy that stuff individually at the UK store.  Seems like a load of sh*t to me that the US store doesn't have that option.  Go figure...

http://r-e-m.firebrandstores.com/

US box set: https://store.remhq.com/products/out-of-time-reissue-3xlp-box-set

It's a band with a large following of people who are in the second half of their lives and have more disposable income and nostalgia.  It's also being packaged as a box set I believe, so there may be more thought/cost going into the packaging.

I've paid $40 for a single LP of REM demos and bootleg live recordings so $70 for Out of Time plus 2 LPs of demos seems doable for me.

23 minutes ago, rds said:

It's a band with a large following of people who are in the second half of their lives and have more disposable income and nostalgia.  It's also being packaged as a box set I believe, so there may be more thought/cost going into the packaging.

I've paid $40 for a single LP of REM demos and bootleg live recordings so $70 for Out of Time plus 2 LPs of demos seems doable for me.

True.  But I just paid $45 for My Morning Jacket "Okonokos" which is 4 LPs and packaged like a box set.  Not trying to compare bands because one obviously has a much larger fan base than the other.  Probably has more to do with your first sentence.  

• 4 weeks later...

Popmarket has the Out of Time 3xLP for $59.99.

https://www.popmarket.com/collections/r-e-m-out-of-time-25th-anniversary-celebration?utm_source=PM_Daily_Deal&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email | 20160917 | REM

Use code POP10 or WELCOME10 and it drops it to $55.  That is $20 cheaper than what it'd be on Amazon Prime for me ($69.99 plus CA sales tax ended up being $76 total).

Their customer service sucks but the $20 savings justifies the risk, IMO.