Beck - Odelay (reissue)

1 hour ago, cannonfunk said:

I don't think so. The catalog number that it listed didn't seem to match any previous versions. I think it's safe to assume we'll see an official announcement in the coming weeks (fingers crossed for a repressing of his entire discography!). 

Entire discog is a stretch--it's spread across a few different labels. If all the Bong Load stuff got done, though, I'd be sooooooooooooo happy.

And I'd sell my Mellow Gold & Mutations OGs to anyone who wants them ;)

3 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

Entire discog is a stretch--it's spread across a few different labels. If all the Bong Load stuff got done, though, I'd be sooooooooooooo happy.

And I'd sell my Mellow Gold & Mutations OGs to anyone who wants them ;)

Careful. There is a pressing of mellow gold that has a different version of one of the songs. Just in case you didn't know, and if you care.

1 hour ago, kannibal said:

Careful. There is a pressing of mellow gold that has a different version of one of the songs. Just in case you didn't know, and if you care.

Yes the Motherload one has an alt cut of Pay No Mind, and I've considered trading away my OG for it because I love the alt version! 

So just throwing it out there in case it doesn't get repressed, I'll trade my OG for a Motherload.

• 1 month later...

I still want that 4XLP but also never found a good deal on it (see also: Daydream Nation 4XLP) and now people are asking crazy amounts for it. I have an OG of this so don't see myself picking this one up but if someone who gets one says it sounds good I'll probably cave and swap out the old one.

33 minutes ago, cannonfunk said:

Dude on Reddit who has inside info is saying this is going to be pretty limited, and assumes it'll sell out quickly. Seeing as how it's not a half speed master (not 2 discs) and doesn't contain any bonus material, can anyone guess why it might be priced at $40?

Hmm shit. Was planning on waiting for some lower prices at different retailers but this gives me pause. May pick it up now for fear of ever seeing a Sold Out message before buying.

35 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Hmm shit. Was planning on waiting for some lower prices at different retailers but this gives me pause. May pick it up now for fear of ever seeing a Sold Out message before buying.

same boat...was really hoping for a bullmoose order.

1 hour ago, cannonfunk said:

Dude on Reddit who has inside info is saying this is going to be pretty limited, and assumes it'll sell out quickly. Seeing as how it's not a half speed master (not 2 discs) and doesn't contain any bonus material, can anyone guess why it might be priced at $40?

What half-speed mastering have to do with the number of discs?

Just now, kannibal said:

What half-speed mastering have to do with the number of discs?

Eh, meant 45rpm. Morning coffee obviously hadn't kicked in yet. 

Now the guy is saying that the only one he knows of is a US release. These imports that are going up for preorder seem to be coming from Hong Kong, so we're back at square one as to what the incentive to buy it is. I'm definitely waiting until we get some more details. 

It's back up at Music Direct for $19.99 with a September 16 release date.

https://www.musicdirect.com/p-506477-beck-odelay-vinyl-lp.aspx

Promo code "EMERGENCY" brings it to $16.99 (and some other preorders to the best prices I've seen--new Nick Cave, new Strokes, Modest Mouse NOTS reissue, etc.)

5 minutes ago, fondfarewell said:

It's back up at Music Direct for $19.99 with a September 16 release date.

https://www.musicdirect.com/p-506477-beck-odelay-vinyl-lp.aspx

Promo code "EMERGENCY" brings it to $16.99 (and some other preorders to the best prices I've seen--new Nick Cave, new Strokes, Modest Mouse NOTS reissue, etc.)

holy crap the shipping

FedEx Home Delivery $12.39