Beck - Odelay (reissue)

22 minutes ago, the-neil said:

So I preordered Odelay through Sound Stage for $19.99. Currently it is listed as "discontinued" but SoundStage never refunded my paypal account. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this? Is it happening and if so, when?

They were asked by the label to stop taking orders for the $19.99 version but SoundStage said that they are going to fulfill those orders and that the $19.99 listing would go back up eventually.

I emailed Sound Stage yesterday and they responded back, for anyone interested. Here is the response:

"At this time, the record company has the release date listed as "TBA" (to be announced).  Pre-ordering guarantees you a copy of the LP when it is released.  The only difference between the two titles is that the $39.99 version is an import from overseas.

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions."

• 4 weeks later...

Odelay is Vinyl Me Please's album of the month for October: http://vinylmeplease.com/record-of-the-month/

beck-album

this month's exclusive includes:

• 180G BOURBON-COLORED VINYL WITH BLACK MARBLING
  • 12″ X 12″ POSTER FROM ORIGINAL PRESSING
  • 5″ X 5″ HIGH-GLOSS STICKER
  • 12” X 12” ORIGINAL ARTWORK BY SCOTT ALLEN HILL OF OCD, THE ORIGINAL CHAMPIONS OF DESIGN
Edited by ksuwdboots

• 2 months later...