Melvins - Houdini LP | Stoner Witch LP | Stag 2xLP

2 hours ago, kisol said:

Chances the colored versions make up vault package #29?

Slim to none

theyll either be sold at one of the two stores or through their truck with a few randomly sent out and a few put up in the vault store which will last a few seconds.  Sadly most won't go to Melvins fans but mostly just to third man variant trophy collectors.

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

YUP. At least we can take a little solace in getting three RPs.

No kidding - after spending that much on (A) Senile Animal, I was ready to justify spending about the same on Houdini and Stoner Witch if I ran across them again. Stupid! It's a little more justifiable for the 4LP etched Senile Animal. 

will have to take a strong look at my finances tonight, not really fussed about colours just need to see whether I can really justify all three or just go for the holy grail that is Houdini.

Might try contacting my favourite shop see if they plan on getting these in because I'm sure the shipping will be downright wallet abuse to cover import.

Also totally agree that (A) Senile Animal needs a reprint. I was kind of hoping that someone would do a "10 year anniversary"  that was fairly no frills this year as it was initially out in 2006. I love the album but am totally unwilling to pay the big bucks that the 4LP set runs to these days, also I feel that i'd prefer the album spread over less discs. I have a few records with etched D sides but I don't really get excited for that.

2 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

will have to take a strong look at my finances tonight, not really fussed about colours just need to see whether I can really justify all three or just go for the holy grail that is Houdini.

Might try contacting my favourite shop see if they plan on getting these in because I'm sure the shipping will be downright wallet abuse to cover import.

They are going be easily available for a long time and Third Man pretty much keeps everything in print

2 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Also totally agree that (A) Senile Animal needs a reprint. I was kind of hoping that someone would do a "10 year anniversary"  that was fairly no frills this year as it was initially out in 2006. I love the album but am totally unwilling to pay the big bucks that the 4LP set runs to these days, also I feel that i'd prefer the album spread over less discs. I have a few records with etched D sides but I don't really get excited for that.

I agree for regular use it would be nice to have a single or double LP. After all it's only 41 minutes.

2 hours ago, apirk said:

They are going be easily available for a long time and Third Man pretty much keeps everything in print

Thanks for the heads up, I don't know much about Third Man.

2 hours ago, jeromium said:

I agree for regular use it would be nice to have a single or double LP. After all it's only 41 minutes.

My thoughts exactly.

Any time these double fan base limited variants get released by TMR expect long hot lines and then super high ebay prices.  Save some gas money and just get ready for a last minute road trip whenever info comes out.  It's always fun to stand around with other vinyl nerds and bring home new goodies.

Bought my copy of Stag new at the local shop like a year after it came out for $5. Hard to believe there was a time when something like that would sit in a bin for ages until it was marked down but such were the glory days. Never owned the other two though, so super stoked to add some long-missing essentials to the collection!

• jhulud locked this topic