Melvins - Houdini LP | Stoner Witch LP | Stag 2xLP

3 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Sorry @apirk if me mentioning the upcoming show led to you getting messages about folks wanting you to buy it at cost for them...

And too those complaining that TMR showed the limited version in the video...bwahahahaha

Sorry for upsetting you so much stl_ben.  I hope you're able to get copies so you can flip them on Ebay for $225+.  

16 hours ago, jeromium said:

Still can't believe they used these highly-limited and difficult to acquire color variants as the basis for the reissue promo video. Misleading as fuck. Anyway I don't dig that custom artwork on Houdini and Stoner Witch, so it's all good. 

Well it was clearly stated that you were ordering black.  I don't think they new what was going to do with them or If they did Haze didn't have the artwork done.  Outside of pressing the colored variant they have had nothing to do with it.

STL ben no worries, I usually don't mind helping out people but I am not dropping the kind of cash  it would take to help people with these and I am already going to be embarrassed by how much I give Walsby for the stuff I want.

3 hours ago, apirk said:

Well it was clearly stated that you were ordering black.  I don't think they new what was going to do with them or If they did Haze didn't have the artwork done.  Outside of pressing the colored variant they have had nothing to do with it.

STL ben no worries, I usually don't mind helping out people but I am not dropping the kind of cash  it would take to help people with these and I am already going to be embarrassed by how much I give Walsby for the stuff I want.

actually at the time the PO initially went up it was not stated that they were black. they changed it the next day. 

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

TMR never sell the limited color variants of the records online.  It's always a random promotion type release for them.

But that's not necessarily common knowledge. I'd never purchased anything from TMR until these reissues were announced.

I didn't pre-order them (although I almost did, before realizing it wasn't for the color variants), but find it misleading to announce the reissues with such a video. Tiny "black vinyl" text on the order page doesn't counteract the impression made by the promo video. If the promo video at least included black vinyl in it somewhere, this would be a moot point.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

TMR never sell the limited color variants of the records online.  It's always a random promotion type release for them.

I like that a factual statement like this gets down votes.  I can  feel the love.  But sorry Bloop records even though you have now down voted me more often than you have even posted on this site I am still not going to help you flip this record (if I decide to flip it I can do that all on my own.)

16 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

I like that a factual statement like this gets down votes.  I can  feel the love.  But sorry Bloop records even though you have now down voted me more often than you have even posted on this site I am still not going to help you flip this record (if I decide to flip it I can do that all on my own.)

Go fuck yourself, homie.  I'll down vote you all I want and call out your dumb shit all day long.  Mr. "Oh, I sell records too".  Yeah, the records you buy online, open the box, and then resell on Discogs and Ebay.  Ohhhh, that's really selling records.  You have zero knowledge to buy an actual collection of records and make money off of it.  You think you know about records, but actually, you have zero knowledge and are just some dumb ugly fat fuck sitting behind a computer in St. Louis.

5 minutes ago, BoopsRecords said:

First off, dick bag, I didn't ask you for a favor because I wanted to flip the record.  Melvins are one of my all times favorites, and I really want the records.  I'll find another way.  

Second, and the funniest thing you said earlier, is that you buy and sell records too.  No, you don't buy and sell records.  You think you do because you find cool hipster bullshit records to flip on Discogs and Ebay, but you don't have knowledge to find collections, go out and look at them, make offers, and then make money off them.  You're a bitter, worthless, piece of shit who lacks knowledge and balls to do what I do.  I've made more money buying and selling collections so far this year than you probably make at your bullshit job.  Sit behind a computer and continue to be a keyboard warrior all you want, but I'll call your shit out all day long.  Also, your blog is stupid and if that's your picture on your Discogs profile, you look like the ugliest piece of shit I've ever seen. 

Thanks for the laugh.

• jhulud locked this topic