Dowsing - Okay
The Avalanches - Wildflower
Hurry - Guided Mediation
Sherwood - Something's Never Leave You
Explosions in the Sky - The Wilderness
Rob Crow's Gloomy Place - You're Doomed. Be Nice

• 2 months later...

13 hours ago, HybridxReality said:

Is this an EP or an album? I haven't seen this for sale anywhere, but I do know they're killing it lately.

It's an album it features Denzel curry, Yung simmie,  da$h and a few others. Candy drips did a cassette limited to 100 and it sold out in minutes. I read on reddit someone wants to press one of their releases on vinyl. With ruby's background in punk/hardcore music they make such amazing music that gets the adrenaline going. . And to think he didn't even want to rap is mind boggling because he has the craziest flow 

19 hours ago, mmfood said:

It's an album it features Denzel curry, Yung simmie,  da$h and a few others. Candy drips did a cassette limited to 100 and it sold out in minutes. I read on reddit someone wants to press one of their releases on vinyl. With ruby's background in punk/hardcore music they make such amazing music that gets the adrenaline going. . And to think he didn't even want to rap is mind boggling because he has the craziest flow 

Damn, they are killing it. I really do hope they press something of theirs soon (Radical $uicide would be great). And I had no clue Ruby had that background, that's cool. And I agree, I love Ruby's flow. I always look forward to his verses.

10 hours ago, HybridxReality said:

Damn, they are killing it. I really do hope they press something of theirs soon (Radical $uicide would be great). And I had no clue Ruby had that background, that's cool. And I agree, I love Ruby's flow. I always look forward to his verses.

Watch their no jumper interview on youtube it's over an hour long but it's great. Ruby played drums in a band called Vapo-rats. 

When I saw them with the Buffet Boys in February Ruby was playing Chop Suey by System of a Down on drums it was pretty sick it got the crowd hyped. Radical Suicide would be cool as a 7" ....*Side Note* When I saw Danny Brown last month Skywlkr played Magazine during his DJ Set - no one knew the song unfortunately and it didn't get the crowd that hyped

Edited by mmfood

1 hour ago, mmfood said:

Watch their no jumper interview on youtube it's over an hour long but it's great. Ruby played drums in a band called Vapo-rats. 

When I saw them with the Buffet Boys in February Ruby was playing Chop Suey by System of a Down on drums it was pretty sick it got the crowd hyped. Radical Suicide would be cool as a 7" ....*Side Note* When I saw Danny Brown last month Skywlkr played Magazine during his DJ Set - no one knew the song unfortunately and it didn't get the crowd that hyped

I used to love watching the vapo rats back in the day. I know him as Oddy, but yeah he's a rad dude.

my 2016 so far

1. Angel Olsen - My Woman

2. Shearwater - Jet Plane And Oxbow

3. Sulk - No Illusions

4. Cullen Omori - New Misery

5. Nothing - Tired Of Tomorrow

6. Crescendo - Unless

7. DIIV - Is The Is Are

8. Car Seat Headrest - Teens Of Denial

9. Suede - Night Thoughts

10. TacocaT - Lost Time

11. Sophia - As We Make Our Way (Unknown Harbors)

12. T.W. Walsh - Fruitless Research

13. School Of Seven Bells - SVIIB

14. Eric Bachmann - Eric Bachmann

15. Yndi Halda - Under Summer

16. Andy Shauf - The Party

17. Boyfrndz - Impulse

18. Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor’s Guide To Earth

19. Islands - Taste

20. Kishi Bashi - Sonderlust

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

What were some of youse guise's biggest disappointment releases of the year? Hoping to read some of the responses on my dumb podcast this week. 

I didn't find it disappointing, but I hear a lot of people are were bummed out by American Football. :/

Big Grams was kind of a disappointment, I expected more out of it.

2 hours ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Find a Red Fang fan. That new record blooooooows. 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I didn't find it disappointing, but I hear a lot of people are were bummed out by American Football. :/

Big Grams was kind of a disappointment, I expected more out of it.

Can you elaborate a touch more? Just so I can have a little chunk of anger to read ha. A couple specifics will do just fine, thanks fellas :)

1 minute ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Can you elaborate a touch more? Just so I can have a little chunk of anger to read ha. A couple specifics will do just fine, thanks fellas :)

It just came out like a Big Boi record with kind of crummy pop beats instead of a real collaborative album. It seemed like both sides of the collab compromised too much and lost the best parts of themselves. It was a real bummer.

On 11/26/2016 at 0:02 PM, Shitty Rambo said:

What were some of youse guise's biggest disappointment releases of the year? Hoping to read some of the responses on my dumb podcast this week. 

Kokomo

ITTCT

Pg.lost

Lost In Kiev (and Russian Circles) made up for all three of those.

Edited by Dave Grohl

I can't say it was a disappointment since I wasn't necessarily stoked on it, but that Lost In Kiev does nothing for me at all.  Or rather, it has the opposite effect – there are a few cool bits sprinkled throughout here and there, but a good portion is shockingly formulaic and forgettable to my ears.  The parts that did stick with me the most are the super corny samples that either skirted on the edge of cringe or went full-on oof.  I don't know; I'm aware that I'm in the minority since a lot of the post-rock folks on VC loved it.  But yeah.

Regarding songs, my list would look something like this...therefore my album list would probably be the respective albums:

Alcest - Kodama
Katatonia - Takeover
Meshuggah - Born in Dissonance
Neurosis - Bending Light
Caspian - Castles High, Marble Bright
Steven Wilson - My Book of Regrets
Mono - Requiem for Hell
Russian Circles - Mota / Calla
British Theatre - Cross the Swords

Metallica - Spit out the Bone / ManUNkind :cheers:

If These Trees Could Talk - After the Smoke clears

In this order

1. American Football - LP2

2. Frank Ocean - Blonde

3. Kendrick Lamar - untitled. unmastered. 

4. Owen - The King of Why's

5. Andrew Bird - Are You Serious

6. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

7. Black Moth Super Rainbow - SeeFu Lilac

8.  The Mercury Program - New Myths

9. Bon Iver - 22, A Million

10. Oliver Houston - The Dork Ages

Edited by Tommy

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I can't say it was a disappointment since I wasn't necessarily stoked on it, but that Lost In Kiev does nothing for me at all.  Or rather, it has the opposite effect – there are a few cool bits sprinkled throughout here and there, but a good portion is shockingly formulaic and forgettable to my ears.  The parts that did stick with me the most are the super corny samples that either skirted on the edge of cringe or went full-on oof.  I don't know; I'm aware that I'm in the minority since a lot of the post-rock folks on VC loved it.  But yeah.

I wouldn't even say you're in the minority. It seems to be pretty hit or miss with the post regulars. I really liked the samples on it, which was the opposite for the new Kokomo. I think Russian Circles still might be the best post album of the year for me though.

Edited by Dave Grohl

My top 10 list so far (very good year. This was tough this year)

Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere
Dust Moth - Scale
American football - lp2
Survive - RR7349
David Bowie - Blackstar
Alcest - Kodama
Deftones - Gore
Puscifer - Money Shot
Death grips - Bottomless Pit

Honorable mentions:
Dinosaur jr
Radiohead