Touché Amore - Stage Four 9/16/16

7 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

This was way too heavy listening for a Friday morning commute to work.  Such a sad, sad album.  I enjoyed it quite a bit, but at the same time the subject matter will probably prevent me from listening to it constantly.  It actually got me choked up a few times.

Agree totally, I was not interested beforehand but it came on Apple Music so I checked it out this morning.... sad stuff. It's actually really good record and I listened to the whole thing on my commute today. It's really heavy but I think it is their best one - it is the most varied and interesting. This is coming from a casual fan so take that as you will. 

5 minutes ago, yeah_totally said:

Album is super good first listen through.

Anywhere online selling the bonus 7" separate? Already preordered the lp but I'd like to grab that too.

I think it's only with the deluxe or at indie shops (or Wax Bodega online) when you buy the album. 

I'm so pissed that my deluxe didn't get here today. They printed the label for it on Wednesday but that's it. I really want my first listen to be on vinyl but I don't know if I can wait until Monday. I'll be at chain fest all day tomorrow. Major first world problem but I'm still pissed. 

2 minutes ago, diabretic said:

I'm so pissed that my deluxe didn't get here today. They printed the label for it on Wednesday but that's it. I really want my first listen to be on vinyl but I don't know if I can wait until Monday. I'll be at chain fest all day tomorrow. Major first world problem but I'm still pissed. 

Look, I am not one to tell you how to listen to a record, or live your life... but I am about to tell you how to listen to a record and live your life.  Go to Spotify, or whatever right now and listen to, and enjoy this magical unicorn of a record.

5 minutes ago, tre said:

Look, I am not one to tell you how to listen to a record, or live your life... but I am about to tell you how to listen to a record and live your life.  Go to Spotify, or whatever right now and listen to, and enjoy this magical unicorn of a record.

Tre, Digi downloads from Deathwish are download card only, yes? 

Probably AOTY for me. They went above and beyond with this one. I cried hysterically within 30 seconds of the first song but by the end I felt a sense of closure. This record truly illustrates the grieving process in such honest ways. God damn. 10/10. 

Props to jeremy for writing this record. Hes making some bold moves between the lyrical content and his matt berninger-styled vocals. So, I hope he gets out of this record whatever hes seeking. Theres definitely nothing feigned here. As others have pointed out though, i dont know how often ill listen to this all the way through. Musically, its really good and im a much bigger fan of the production here than ISB ("rapture" sticks out as THE highlight of the album) - but i found it somewhat draining to go through front-to-back on a second listen.

Just received my deluxe in the mail today. It is so beautiful. No regrets at all for spending the money on this. I've had this album on full repeat since kingsroadmerch sent me my digital download at midnight. I lost my mother a year ago and this album really helps me finally cope with her loss. 

Edited by arcjesseh

47 minutes ago, arcjesseh said:

Just received my deluxe in the mail today. It is so beautiful. No regrets at all for spending the money on this. I've had this album on full repeat since kingsroadmerch sent me my digital download at midnight. I lost my mother a year ago and this album really helps me finally cope with her loss. 

I'm really glad this album is helping you cope <3 

I'm fortunate enough to have both of my parents still. However, I lost one of my cousins back in 2002 and another one died in combat in Iraq in 2004. I don't feel like I ever properly dealt with their deaths, so I'm hoping this album can help me in that sense, too.

I barely even have words for this album, it's easily their best material and the content is so hard to describe for me. As someone who's lost multiple family members who were close to me, and someone who could easily lose another in the next few years, it hits very close to home in an incredibly comforting and bittersweet sort of way...

I hope the album helps people, I hope it helped/helps Jeremy through the trauma. Legitimately tearing up listening to it.

Edited by deer

Listening to this album thanks to a great friend. (I didn't PO b/c hard on cash at the moment).

And although I've never lost anyone close to me due to cancer or any horrible disease like that (outside of my grandmother due to heart failure as I was very, very young to understand and feel the impact), I have come close recently when my father was diagnosed with prostrate cancer. Thankfully, it was caught on early enough and after he went through very extensive radiation treatment, he's now clear. But I have to say that the words, along with the music, of this record are just completely breaking me down. It is hitting home in a very bittersweet and comforting way as @deer just put it (you're so awesome, girl!) and it's breaking my heart every which way.

I completely lost myself during "Displacement"...esp. the lyrics about pleading to a God who's not answering. That hit me hard big time as completely relatable as being raised Catholic and taught to believe and yet growing up and learning to be more cynical and question all things in life and when tragedy strikes, asking where is this God now?

I need to stop now...I'm going to be inconsolable if I keep going.

I'm bummed I'm not getting my copy until the Balance and Composure records ship since I ordered it together to save money. Glad I got the email for the digital though! Judging by this thread, I better lay on the floor before I start listening to it since I'll end up there anyways 

Was never into this band due to vocals but from what I have read on here, I thought I needed to. Buried my grandmother last week and my other grandmother does have stage 4 cancer so yea, it's getting to me as well. I love when a band that I've never got into provides something with so much substance that I can get pass whatever kept me away from them. I hope this record helps a lot of people.