Touché Amore - Stage Four 9/16/16

Another vote for Home Away From Here. I hadn't heard a single song by them before seeing them support Converge while touring Parting The Sea. Went home with the LP and spent the rest of the night listening to it over and over again. Is Survived By was a minor letdown, for me, and, apart from Science-Fiction, didn't have a lasting impact. So my expectations weren't particularly high for Stage Four, but after about ten listens in, I'm content to say they're back on track. Flowers and You and Skyscraper are among their finest songs, ever. Benediction's making me itchy in all the wrong places, so far, but it's not a bad song, I guess I need a little more getting used to it.

Talking about Keep You vs. Stage Four, to me that comparison is flawed. Keep You is, next to among the most gut-wrenchingly heartbreaking albums I heard, far removed from the anger and despair of Stage Four. All of PBTT's albums are working on the topic of losing a parent, but The Lack Long After would be the obvious counterpart of where TA are right now, to me.

I went with the EU clear/red haze and it turned out nicely. I was concerned about it being unenjoyable, as haze-variants are known to be sometimes, but everything is fine. A nice, quiet, clean and good looking copy of a really, really good album. 

IMG_1723_zpskalvs3yz.jpg~original

My mother and mother in law both have conditions that will not kill them anytime soon, but will most likely take them earlier than normal since it's a slower deterioration.  As a result I think about their mortality and the possibility of me or my wife suffering from the same afflictions. So when he says "when I'm already in my head"  I get where he is coming from albeit not to the same extent.  I'll just be sitting in bed or driving to work and not be able to shake those thoughts. 

There have also been times when they have been hospitalized and I haven't been able to make it for a couple days and I just start thinking worst case scenario immediately. 

2 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

My mother and mother in law both have conditions that will not kill them anytime soon, but will most likely take them earlier than normal since it's a slower deterioration.  As a result I think about their mortality and the possibility of me or my wife suffering from the same afflictions. So when he says "when I'm already in my head"  I get where he is coming from albeit not to the same extent.  I'll just be sitting in bed or driving to work and not be able to shake those thoughts. 

There have also been times when they have been hospitalized and I haven't been able to make it for a couple days and I just start thinking worst case scenario immediately. 

this type of thought process is called 'pure-o' and is in the ocd family. 

I had a really awkward experience buying a piece at an art gallery once. The artist happened to be there and offered to sign it, but the piece was already signed. She was like "I can sign it again!"

If the piece was unsigned I would have been like "Awesome! Sign away!" But I don't let my cats draw on my art twice, so why should I let her?

On September 24, 2016 at 0:43 PM, futures said:

That makes a ton of sense given some other things wrong with me. Is this something that should be treated. Because I also despise going to the doctor. I fainted last time I had my blood drawn. 

4 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

That makes a ton of sense given some other things wrong with me. Is this something that should be treated. Because I also despise going to the doctor. I fainted last time I had my blood drawn. 

I'm not 100% sure. I have it myself and I see a therapist for it, however my therapist is not a psychiatrist so she can't write scripts. So if there is another way to treat it, I'm not aware of it. 

On September 24, 2016 at 0:43 PM, futures said:

I did 5 minutes of research on this and it was pretty spot in on to how I think. About half of the symptoms at least partially apply to me. 

Just now, Tidal Wave said:

I did 5 minutes of research on this and it was pretty spot in on to how I think. About half of the symptoms at least partially apply to me. 

Isn't that wild? I did the same thing when I first heard of it. I always thought I was alone in the thoughts I had/have. Knowing that there's a name for it is somewhat comforting.

4 minutes ago, futures said:

Isn't that wild? I did the same thing when I first heard of it. I always thought I was alone in the thoughts I had/have. Knowing that there's a name for it is somewhat comforting.

Well that was a great start to my week. Going to listen to this on my way home from work and discover something else new about myself. 

So my deluxe copy finally showed up. Thanks for the priority shipping that says 2 days, but took a week. Open up the box and it's a standard black copy. I thought am I losing my mind, did I order the wrong copy? Search my email real quick and see I did pay $50 for the deluxe. Super bummed, but just shot kings road a message.

My deluxe came today. Paid $60 bucks for the one with the 7" from the Euro store (was already ordering something from the Euro store). Not really sure exactly what I was expecting, but for $60 bucks the "deluxe book" sorda falls flat in my opinion. 

On a good note, I love this record! Wasn't a huge fan of "Is Survived By" so I didn't really expect to be super into this record, but I love it! My favorite songs are probably "Softer Spoken" and "Rapture". Obviously the record is about Jeremy's loss of his mother. Although I can't relate to what that's like, the lyrics seem to have a common theme of guilt, which I think we can all relate to. I'm feeling this record for sure!

4 minutes ago, antisyntax said:

if you ordered it at an indie shop you got the 7" too but no book, so I guess its a semi-deluxe

Yeah, that's what I did. Since the 7" was free and the record was $19, I'd say the book is what makes it another $30 and deluxe. But that's just me. 

1 minute ago, xhotandfatx said:

My DW red came in yesterday. The deluxe and transparent orange are being delivered today. Other than that just waiting on the beer color from Banquet and I'll have them all so far.

Did you or anyone else receive a shipping notification from Banquet?  They shot me an e-mail last week where they were basically like "uhh... this is the part where we'd send out your record if we had it, but we're having issues fulfilling orders and should get you hooked up in a week or so.  Hopefully".  Pretty cool.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Did you or anyone else receive a shipping notification from Banquet?  They shot me an e-mail last week where they were basically like "uhh... this is the part where we'd send out your record if we had it, but we're having issues fulfilling orders and should get you hooked up in a week or so.  Hopefully".  Pretty cool.

Nope.  Just the order confirmation email. I hope I don't get an email like that. It took me 3 tries to order it, so I hope everything goes smoothly.