PO Now: Every Time I Die- Low Teens [9/23/16]

i know that i am going to get hate for this, but i don't really like hot damn at all, given it multiple listens but just can't enjoy it. I find it very difficult to get through. Everything moving forward i love though. Please don't downvote me because i am trying to get into the green, this is just my opinion. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

hot damn is my favorite ETID record but i can see how someone may not think that if they werent listening to the band when it came out. i am surprised though by the amount of people that dont seem to like gutter phenomenon. production-wise, ill concede its their weakest sounding album but a lot of those tracks are absolute rippers. 

26 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

i know that i am going to get hate for this, but i don't really like hot damn at all, given it multiple listens but just can't enjoy it. I find it very difficult to get through. Everything moving forward i love though. Please don't downvote me because i am trying to get into the green, this is just my opinion. 

YOUR OPINION DOESN'T LINE UP WITH MINE PERFECTLY. HERE COMES THE DOWNVOTE HAMMER, FUCKER! It honestly took me some time to get into Hot Damn, but after I did, it became one of my favorite ETID records. The Big Dirty still gets the #1 spot though, and Parts Unknown keeps climbing up the ranks. Whatever the order is, ETID is fucking great. I love how it gets me all energized, like I want to fight someone, but with a smile on my face. They just have this unique ability to get me in that mood. I don't think anyone else has that vibe for me, and that's what makes me love them even more. Like me, and 100 other people could get in the pit, go fucking ape shit, chip a tooth, get a black eye, and come out smiling. ETID was my go-to work commute music when I lived in NYC. It was the only band that could combat the insanity that is the NYC subway system. Haha.

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Wasn't a huge fan of New Junk Aesthetic or Ex-Lives. Ended up selling both of those and only keeping the first 4 LPs. From Parts Unknown won me back but not enough for me to pre-order another album without hearing it first.

I'm right there with ya.

Ex Lives was the only ETID album that I didn't love. Save for "Underwater Bimbos..." and a few other tracks, it was a little too over-the-top for me. I still enjoy it for what it is though. I like ETID fast and angry or with that Southern hardcore vibe. The Big Dirty was my favorite ETID album for a long while, but From Parts Unknown has given it a run for its money. I mean, damn, that LP was killer. Based on this new track, I might have to re-structure my ETID favorites again. This band never disappoints.

33 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

This band never disappoints.

100%

I cannot understand anyone NOT getting into Hot Damn. I was born in it, molded by it.

But then again I also cannot understand people thinking blink 182 makes good music...

Edited by KingTacoMunster

2 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

Please don't downvote me because i am trying to get into the green. 

hahahaha.

Burial Plot Bidding War, Last Night in Town and Hot Damn! will always be what ETID is supposed to be for me. I get the whole, they have to grow and progress thing, but I just can't get into the later stuff. Part of that is that I thought Gutter Phenomenon was just pure trash when it came out and I've never really given anything newer any play. I'm also not super into hardcore/metalcore/whatever they're considered any more. It's mostly a nostalgia thing for me at this point.

I feel like it just depends on which side of ETID is your favorite? ....Do you like the heavy groovy southern fried riff side, or the crazy balls to the wall chaos side?  Also, the production of Keith's voice changed immensely after Hot Damn.

Oh, and The Big Dirty and New Junk Aesthetic are still probably my favorite albums by them.  But this new song has me very pumped.  Such a consistent band.

1 hour ago, RyanSmithers said:

I feel like it just depends on which side of ETID is your favorite? ....Do you like the heavy groovy southern fried riff side, or the crazy balls to the wall chaos side?  Also, the production of Keith's voice changed immensely after Hot Damn.

Oh, and The Big Dirty and New Junk Aesthetic are still probably my favorite albums by them.  But this new song has me very pumped.  Such a consistent band.

This is what made me dislike Gutter.

I can totally understand that especially if you were listening to them at that time. I was kind of late to the party with The Big Dirty being my first exposure so when I went back and heard the old sound of his voice I was like "woah, he sounds different". I guess it's just a matter of perspective and reference point I when you started with them. 

I can totally understand that especially if you were listening to them at that time. I was kind of late to the party with The Big Dirty being my first exposure so when I went back and heard the old sound of his voice I was like "woah, he sounds different". I guess it's just a matter of perspective and reference point I when you started with them.