PO NOW : NEUROSIS - Fires Within Fires - September 23

10 hours ago, whoshotthefrog said:

Preorder is live.

https://neurotrecordings.merchtable.com/pre-orders

First Pressing:

• 1510 - Black audiophile 2xLP 45rpm 180 gram vinyl. 45 rpm allows more waveform definition providing higher resolution and a more accurate representation of the master.
• 590 - Red Eclipse 180 gram vinyl - Neurot Recordings Mail Order Exclusive
• 610 - Bloody Clear 180 gram vinyl - UK Exclusive
• 1110 - White 180 gram vinyl - EU Exclusive
• 3110 - Blood Red 180 gram vinyl - U.S. Exclusive

*PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS: Orders are expected to begin shipping in November, 2016. Any items purchased with this pre-order will ship together at the same time. All items shown are mock ups and final product may vary slightly.

Damn it! Had to go back and also pick up the bloody clear. My reasoning is that it may look cool and I save on international shipping if I decide I "need" it later. Also, the prices aren't terrible on these editions.

12 minutes ago, lainaw said:

I'm surprised more people are buying the single LP instead of the double.

Are you?  This is Vinyl Collective, after all.  I would be surprised by that sentiment if this board was actually concerned with sound fidelity... but just a few days ago I had an interaction with a gentleman who wanted to know the best way to avoid accidentally breaking the shrink-wrap on the colored copy of a record he ordered.

23 hours ago, fizio59 said:

Unfortunately is waaaay more convenient to order from the Neurot merchtable, vinyl price are basically the double on the Flight 13 store.

I'm looking for the black 2xLP version in Europe, so far I've seen prices starting at 39.99€ up to 51.99€. I guess I should wait until the release date, probably I will find it in a local store for better price..

18 hours ago, lainaw said:

I'm surprised more people are buying the single LP instead of the double.

18 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Are you?  This is Vinyl Collective, after all.  I would be surprised by that sentiment if this board was actually concerned with sound fidelity... but just a few days ago I had an interaction with a gentleman who wanted to know the best way to avoid accidentally breaking the shrink-wrap on the colored copy of a record he ordered.

It could be that while some of us do care about "sound fidelity" we don't want to stand up four times while listening to one release. It's all theory, right now, about how much better the 45 rpm will sound in comparison to the 33 1/3. If there is a marked difference in sound quality, I will probably end up kicking down for the double. Until then, I am thinking I'll be fine listening to my pretty, colored records, sitting on the couch and reading the lyric sheet.

20 hours ago, Derek™ said:

im gonna sound like a bad person here, but i prefer single LPs, i sometimes get excited at fancy records for artists i like but otherwise i dont even care, ill skip most preorders to buy locally. i dont have the worst ear but not great either i find often there is little difference. i rarely have time to just sit down and listen to something so i hate switching sides on a record and often i will feel like playing something else when i get up to switch to side C. ive realized that i enjoy single LPs much more for that reason. i know its part laziness but often if a record is just something i want to listen to and is a double LP i will just get the CD ( yes, the little silver records made out of plastic) i also purchase CDs sometimes for records that i already own just for the sake of being easier or when a special edition comes out and i already have the record. like the Suede albums or Mudhoney superfuzz bigmuff and that new juturna.