PO Now: Teenage Fanclub - Here (Release Date: Sept.9, 2016)

https://www.mergerecords.com/teenage-fanclub-here

The wait is over! On September 9, Teenage Fanclub return with Here, the band’s first album in six years.

As ever, song-wise the Fanclub present a textbook representation of democracy in action, the record offering four each by Norman Blake, Gerard Love, and Raymond McGinley. From the almighty chime of opener “I’m In Love” through the ecstatic soul-search of “The First Sight” and the paean to unerring friendship “With You,” Here is a collection of twelve songs about the only things that truly matter: life and love.

As is befitting of a record that took its time to arrive, Here uses reflective space to dazzling effect. “Steady State,” with its gorgeous ebb and flow, has echoes of The Notorious Byrd Brothers’ astral jangle, while “I Was Beautiful When I Was Alive” unexpectedly curves off from dreamlike beginnings into a semi-acoustic/motorik outro, sonically replacing the steady beat of the German autobahn with the vast open skies of the Pacific Coast Highway.

Not for one second is Here the sound of procrastination or headscratching. It’s the effortless work of a band entirely confident in their own craft—the consolidation of nearly three decades of peerless songwriting and almost telepathic musicianship. Here is a record that embraces maturity and experience and hugs them close.

Buttons included with all preorders while supplies last. The first 250 LP preorders will receive clear vinyl!

2 hours ago, Mourning Wood said:

There is a signed edition on clear vinyl a ailable from Record Store UK

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/Here-Signed-Clear-Vinyl/58CK0000000

Thats fantastic thank you, ordered! I hope this album is a good one, I love this band. When they are good nobody can touch their beautiful melodys, when they are not they are still great :) Just today I received Songs from Northern Britian on mint vinyl after procrastinating for so long over the price and waiting for a reissue.

Edited by mondie

• 3 weeks later...

The band are friends of Monorail in Glasgow and they have their own signed copies on sale that come with a 12"x24" poster insert. Clear vinyl while stocks last.

http://www.monorailmusic.com/album/340b33d9-48f2-11e6-b2cc-22000b75ede9/Here_-_Exclusive_Signed_Vinyl.html?mc_cid=850e8130e9&mc_eid=ca83d9354c