Astronoid - Air (Blood Music 2016)

3 minutes ago, Mourning Wood said:

i mean 200 on the swirl is that really going to sell out today?

200 copies of the dynatron colored variant sold out in a few hours after being posted....i would say there is more hype behind astronoid and therefore, yes i would not be surprised at all if it sold out today

Edited by axotyl

39 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

god damnit I missed the swirl by 20 minutes.  Faaaack.

Also, this $7.50 for media mail nonsense is a little hard to swallow....

i mean, blood music is a european label. he has to pay to store stuff in the states and have someone manage and ship all the orders here.  i guess he could build all that operational and logistical cost into the price of the records (maybe he does already), but the way i see it, im happy to pay $7.50 to ship an LP when the alternative is $20-$30 to ship it directly from finland, like it would be for any other small independent label without that type of arrangement.

44 minutes ago, axotyl said:

i mean, blood music is a european label. he has to pay to store stuff in the states and have someone manage and ship all the orders here.  i guess he could build all that operational and logistical cost into the price of the records (maybe he does already), but the way i see it, im happy to pay $7.50 to ship an LP when the alternative is $20-$30 to ship it directly from finland, like it would be for any other small independent label without that type of arrangement.

Fuck it, I bought it.  Really wanted to earmark this money for something else, but with the limited nature of this release.... if I end up wanting to part with it, I can get my money back.  So at least I'll get a few listens and see how it goes. 

On 10/13/2016 at 10:28 AM, Cloudsbelow said:

i ordered and I hadnt even heard the album/band.. strictly on the hype and reviews.  listening now via spotify and hot damn.. this is awesome.  anything else like this out there that i'd dig?

I suggested this earlier in the thread but try Violet Cold - Desperate Dreams. It has the same major key that Astronoid has. It's a one man euphoric black metal artist from Azerbaijan with keyboards but it does have rough vocals instead of clean ones. His other albums are interesting too. He blends black metal, noise, jazz, ambient, edm and more.

5 hours ago, scottyrobotty said:

I suggested this earlier in the thread but try Violet Cold - Desperate Dreams. It has the same major key that Astronoid has. It's a one man euphoric black metal artist from Azerbaijan with keyboards but it does have rough vocals instead of clean ones. His other albums are interesting too. He blends black metal, noise, jazz, ambient, edm and more.

it's the clean vocals that I think help me love it so (have been listening to it non stop since i ordered, probably on my tenth time thru).. I have a hard time with the guttural, rough vocals. But, i will try out the recommendation!  

2 hours ago, Cloudsbelow said:

it's the clean vocals that I think help me love it so (have been listening to it non stop since i ordered, probably on my tenth time thru).. I have a hard time with the guttural, rough vocals. But, i will try out the recommendation!  

The latest violet cold album is instrumental, and imo better then desperate dreams.

• 1 month later...

Hi [REDACTED],

We are currently preparing your Blood Music order #[REDACTED] for shipping.

It will be in the next queue of items to ship.  PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROCESS MAY TAKE SEVERAL DAYS OR EVEN WEEKS (in extreme cases).

You should receive another e-mail once your item has shipped.

You can review your order and download your invoice from the "Order history" section of your customer account by clicking "My account" on our shop.

--

*Blood Music

• 3 weeks later...