PO Now: The Dear Hunter - Act V: Hymns With the Devil in Confessional

My dark blue showed up as well.  The blue is really more in line with the blue used in the split variant.  Mine also has some random streaking of black and some almost warbly blues.  It looks pretty rad.

The print is smaller than I thought, though I don't remember if they ever mentioned dimensions.  But it's cool nonetheless.

The designer part of me has nitpicky shit to say about IV vs V.  But I'll leave that pretentious talk for another thread.

The LP is actually slightly on the quiet side, but it really opens up and sounds great once you turn it up a little.

6 hours ago, highfives said:

My dark blue showed up as well.  The blue is really more in line with the blue used in the split variant.  Mine also has some random streaking of black and some almost warbly blues.  It looks pretty rad.

The print is smaller than I thought, though I don't remember if they ever mentioned dimensions.  But it's cool nonetheless.

The designer part of me has nitpicky shit to say about IV vs V.  But I'll leave that pretentious talk for another thread.

The LP is actually slightly on the quiet side, but it really opens up and sounds great once you turn it up a little.

I actually thought the mp3's sounded a bit quiet too so the vinyl is probably in line. No issues on noise? My original Act IV sounded rubbish and had to get the 2nd variant.  Is their a lyric book w/art in this? I thought I saw something somewhere.

5 hours ago, rickydenim said:

I actually thought the mp3's sounded a bit quiet too so the vinyl is probably in line. No issues on noise? My original Act IV sounded rubbish and had to get the 2nd variant.  Is their a lyric book w/art in this? I thought I saw something somewhere.

I only spot checked it last night really.  I listened to the first 3 on Side A and one on Side C, but no real noticeable noise.  For Act IV, I had the swamp green which was super quiet and nice, but traded it for the blue/red burst.  That was easily the dirtiest record I've ever seen, so it was noisy until I could get all of the dust off of it.

Yes, it comes with a much nicer (than IV) lyric book.  It's actually a book instead of a one-sheet, so the lyrics are printed in a larger font and there's the Most Cursed Hand story in the front of the book with a couple of comic panels.  It's a nice booklet for sure.

There was an extensive interview with Kevin Pereira (the guy who paid for the Awesome Orchestra for Act IV/V) and a live in studio performance yesterday on Twitch.  There were loads of things talked about:  the story, Act VI, and what's relevant here the limited vinyl release of the orchestration from Act IV and V.  

Basically they're working to put together all of the orchestration from the last two Act records, add some new piano pieces, and stitch everything together so it's a seamless body of work.  Preorders should be up by the end of the year.

Watch the interview here:  https://www.twitch.tv/theattack/v/96976551

On October 25, 2016 at 8:45 AM, highfives said:

There was an extensive interview with Kevin Pereira (the guy who paid for the Awesome Orchestra for Act IV/V) and a live in studio performance yesterday on Twitch.  There were loads of things talked about:  the story, Act VI, and what's relevant here the limited vinyl release of the orchestration from Act IV and V.  

Basically they're working to put together all of the orchestration from the last two Act records, add some new piano pieces, and stitch everything together so it's a seamless body of work.  Preorders should be up by the end of the year.

Watch the interview here:  https://www.twitch.tv/theattack/v/96976551

the dude from AOTS? crazy!!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my mega bundle! Everything is awesome, well except for the tee which I wasn't a fan of.  I just gave my LP's a deep clean and listening now. A bit of noise and my 1st lp is slightly warped. Nothing TOO bad but enough to irk me since this is one of my most favourite records.

Can anyone comment on the standard blue variant? Might pick it up from Amazon .

• 5 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, highfives said:

If you get in before 1/1 it's $900 ($100 off of any ticket).

Yeah but the taxes are $96 so its still $1000. I just finished watching the Q&A thing. I think they have payment plans but its still too much for me, plus I'd have to fly to New York. It sounds super fun though.

• 5 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

I still havent read mine. I was so excited to get it but I was dealing with some shit the day it came in so I just put it away and forgot about it. I hope they do a hard cover version though. I'm not a fan of paperbacks.

Maybe once the series is finished they'll do a hardcover collection?  That'd be dope.

1 hour ago, andrewlucas said:

ordered without hesitation! not sure what the qty pressed is, but I expect these to go quick..

although when this does sell out.. repress lead time on a graphic novel should be pretty quick compared to vinyl production lol