MACROSS '82-'99 - SAILORWAVE

9 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Very sad I managed to miss out on both vinyl releases. I'm sure it won't happen but if anyone has a change of heart I'd be very willing to buy. The cassettes as well, but I'm not holding my breath. Fantastic stuff that deserves a wider release than a mad dash for a handful.

I'll keep you in mind, I got the vinyl and the tapes so if I don't want the tapes in the end I'll DM you.

20 minutes ago, RockPuppetz said:

I'll keep you in mind, I got the vinyl and the tapes so if I don't want the tapes in the end I'll DM you.

I really appreciate it. I am gonna definitely be on the after market hunt for these, but those tapes don't even go up for sale on Discogs.. or if they do they get swooped immediately..

5 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

I really appreciate it. I am gonna definitely be on the after market hunt for these, but those tapes don't even go up for sale on Discogs.. or if they do they get swooped immediately..

Yeah lots of people don't let gp of their tapes, I almost lost my mind completing my t e l e p a t h collection. 

3 minutes ago, RockPuppetz said:

Yeah lots of people don't let gp of their tapes, I almost lost my mind completing my t e l e p a t h collection. 

To be fair, I managed a couple tapes at the right time like YYU and Hit Vibes, and it's gonna take a LOT to pry em away from me, so I get it. But usually there's at least one flipper trying to sell one for 200 bucks with no description, but this ones an exception.

I got in a tight financial spot recently and sold off a couple, Silent Hill and Luxury Elite - World Class. I'm actually kinda regretting selling Luxury Elite but I honestly didn't expect someone to purchase my listing. People even want that Drake and Josh tape that /mu/ made, I had no idea.

1 minute ago, HoneyFrosted said:

To be fair, I managed a couple tapes at the right time like YYU and Hit Vibes, and it's gonna take a LOT to pry em away from me, so I get it. But usually there's at least one flipper trying to sell one for 200 bucks with no description, but this ones an exception.

I got in a tight financial spot recently and sold off a couple, Silent Hill and Luxury Elite - World Class. I'm actually kinda regretting selling Luxury Elite but I honestly didn't expect someone to purchase my listing. People even want that Drake and Josh tape that /mu/ made, I had no idea.

You got the hitvibes tape?! Awesome! Also which YYU? Room music was one of the first two tapes I ever bought and I still love it so much.

Just now, RockPuppetz said:

You got the hitvibes tape?! Awesome! Also which YYU? Room music was one of the first two tapes I ever bought and I still love it so much.

I have Timetimetime&time and Room Music, I somehow missed Karaoke and have been sorta searching. The Hit Vibes is the one I get the most messages about on Discogs bar none. 

A few years ago I bought a General Translator - Contemporary tape, and someone messaged me about it the other day. I looked at his collection and it was the most staggering vaporwave collection I'd ever seen. Almost a thousand items of purely vaporwave, never straying. Some people are so nuts about this and I'm just always behind, missing out on PO's... 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Can’t wait to miss out on it!

1) Sign up for Bandcamp and Follow both the MACROSS & Neon City bandcamp pages.

2) Install a web extension to monitor said pages for quicker alerts to page changes.

3) Install a mobile app to monitor said pages for immediate alerts to page changes.

(Adjust extensions and apps to your OS and preferences. The ones linked are the ones I use.)

These are ways to cover your bases on stuff that you can predict URLs for, and we can assume the vinyl preorder is likely to show up either on the Neon City bandcamp merch page and/or the MACROSS bandcamp. 

Edited by EHughes527

Just now, Vector53 said:

Fyi, Neocity has become a bit more aware of the popularity of their vinyl releases and they are gonna do 24 hour sales going forward. They did it for another release recently. My guess is that Macross' new release will be the same.

That'd be a fair solution to gauge interest in each release and prevent those 30 min sell outs.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, RockPuppetz said:

A million miles away has been shipping. Sailorwave is getting recut cause the test pressings sounded bad.

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing you got an email from the label? It's definitely worth the wait if their test pressings weren't well done. I'd hate to get a bad press of this. Definitely would rather wait and get something that's higher quality.

1 hour ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing you got an email from the label? It's definitely worth the wait if their test pressings weren't well done. I'd hate to get a bad press of this. Definitely would rather wait and get something that's higher quality.

I'm just personally friends with the owner.