PO NOW: Pg.lost - Versus | 2xLP | Pelagic

I'm very skeptical of that data.... it seems to never be correct.  Even when I buy an album, I'll sometimes go back and check and that most-recently-sold or last-sold-for data is never updated.  I think this is only the 3rd one I've ever seen pop up since I've been using Discogs for this stuff, one of which I bought.  Besides, if you look at the details, it's been over 3 years since it sold for under $10.  

• 2 weeks later...

You can stream first track 'Ikaros' on this Chinese website I randomly stumbled upon when looking for recent news/articles on the new album

http://www.luoo.net/essay/762

I suspect it'll be the first single they release before the album drops. It's also available to pre-order and download on August 30th as a single over on 7digital :)

48 minutes ago, SJV88 said:

You can stream first track 'Ikaros' on this Chinese website I randomly stumbled upon when looking for recent news/articles on the new album

http://www.luoo.net/essay/762

I suspect it'll be the first single they release before the album drops. It's also available to pre-order and download on August 30th as a single over on 7digital :)

Now this is what I call detective work! Thanks for the link. The track quelled a few of my worries but there's still a chunk of it that I'm really put off by. This'll probably just be one of those albums that I'll have to wait on to pull the trigger or not.

Sick!  I believe "Ikaros" is the final title for what was then-called "Kan Du Sluta" when I saw them back in May.  If so, the end of that track is pretty huge, and can be seen on Youtube.  I think the link is on the 1st page, from the Pustervik show opening for Cult of Luna.  

EDIT:  Finally playing this track.  I dislike how junky the percussion sounds.  The glory chords underneath are kind of obscured by the overdriven bass and the grungey hi-hats.  I'm hoping it's just the shitty MP3 compression.  It sounds like everything is clipping, almost.  Or....... it could simply be that their live sound is just that many magnitudes better than their studio output.  

Hell, even the studio version of "Vultures" sounds kinda bland and junky to me now.  Once you've experienced that song live, with them just playing it with their regular stage instrument rigs.....  it's beyond words.  I had no idea how much better they could be live.  That song, especially.  It just soars like you wouldn't believe.  

Edited by Gumbo72203

Also, would anybody be interested in a black version of the Deer t-shirt that Pelagic has for sale?  I purchased it at the Gothenburg show with Cult of Luna, but unfortunately it has shrunk to the point of unwearable for me.  It was a large, but is now probably a medium.  It's far too short for me to wear publicly, and I'm 5' 10".  

I simply love Ikaros. I really enjoy the structure of the song, the bass line and how they use the effects. I can feel a well-reasoned approach by the band to the evolution of their sound, that is so cohesive in this song, apparently more than in the past IMO. If the rest of the album will develop on this way I'm pretty sure this will be one of my favourite album of 2016. 

Edited by fizio59

14 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'm holding out to listen to the album as a whole before I order. But given @fizio59's comment and our similar taste, I have high hopes. : )

Yeah man, at least a couple of very similar AOTY lists from me and you come to my mind.

And I want to share with you a personal feeling I had listening to Ikaros, the atmosphere, the vibes, the mix and how the sound has evolved from their previous stuff kinda remind me D&D somehow, expecially in the first half of the song. 

11 minutes ago, fizio59 said:

Yeah man, at least a couple of very similar AOTY lists from me and you come to my mind.

And I want to share with you a personal feeling I had listening to Ikaros, the atmosphere, the vibes, the mix and how the sound has evolved from their previous stuff kinda remind me D&D somehow, expecially in the first half of the song. 

Oh god dammit. Now I really, REALLY want to listen to that song...

11 minutes ago, fizio59 said:

Oh god dammit. Now I really, REALLY want to listen to that song...

• 2 weeks later...