Pokemon Go

4 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

The shitty thing is that it has a 5 minute refresh time when someone catches it. So if anyone comes along when you're hunting something, they catch it, you have 5 minutes before it disappears.

For real? Have you learned this through action or did you read it somewhere?

4 hours ago, dkrtz said:

For real? Have you learned this through action or did you read it somewhere?

That's what I've been told, and I've witnessed it frequently enough to say I believe it. I was with a group of people yesterday, and we tested it on trash. The spawn seemed to disappear 5 minutes after it was caught. I've heard it from other people that play as well, in various states. I can't say 100%, but it's looking like it's a thing. Like, if the Pokemon world was real, and someone came along and caught it, that's it. So it makes sense it wouldn't be around for everyone forever.

8 minutes ago, buffalo716tapes said:

Buffalo is starting to go 50/50 on this.

Places are banning the use of pokemon go ( which i am still kinda chuckling )

than other places are fully embracing it adding menu items and everything.

What is happening in your city right now?

50+ people sitting outside of the police station after dark, with at least three lures going at a time. That's not even the hot spot really, I think they just go there to piss off the cops haha.

There's a particular corner next to a bar where you can stand and hit three pokestops at once, and that's usually a pretty gnarly place to be. Now kids and families are just chillin' there. 

31 minutes ago, buffalo716tapes said:

Buffalo is starting to go 50/50 on this.

Places are banning the use of pokemon go ( which i am still kinda chuckling )

than other places are fully embracing it adding menu items and everything.

Restaurants and food trucks are getting in on this action; a cheesecake bite food truck will give you a free bite for every picture of a pokemon taken with their food truck in the picture (limit 6 a day per person).

Edited by texan4life

3 hours ago, buffalo716tapes said:

I live in Ocean Springs which is across the bridge from Biloxi on the beach of the Gulf of Mexico. Ocean Springs has 50+ people playing on the central beach spot with five pokestops and a gym, ranging from age ten to sixty, at literally any given hour i've been there. The Biloxi beach across the bridge is just absurd. The lighthouse has become a mecca and every night hundreds (not an exaggeration at all and that is crazy for this relatively small Mississippi city) gather for the four connecting lured pokestops. Apparently the Biloxi mall is doing a "Pokemon Happy Hour" today that I'm considering attending. Downtown Ocean Springs is hosting Pokemon Pub Crawls for people to barhop and stop along all the downtown pokestops. The pokemania is real here in the south. It's so absurd. I honestly NEVER would have forseen this. A month ago I was getting really weird looks whenever I wore a pkmn graphic tee. 

I swear to god I work inside of Mt. Moon. I catch 40 zubats before noon every day.

I have a new song I sing when I play Pogo. It is to the tune of Rihanna's "Work".

"All I'm catching are bats bats bats bats bats, every day is bats bats bats bats bats got me feeling like bats bats bats bats bats sometimes a couple of birds birds birds birds birds but mostly just bats bats bats bats bats."

I just found out that there is literally a Pokemon Happy Hour at the mall today where they are lure moduling the whole place and every store is 10% off and they're giving away free cookies and shit based on trainer level in Go.

1997: Pokemon is a fad silly child you will not love it for life

2007: Hey, teenager, I can't believe you still love Pokemon lol

2017: Grown adult, there is a Pokemon Happy hour at the mall let's go catch pidgeys

Pokemon 'til I die. Fuck the haters, fuck the bandwagoners, and ESPECIALLY FUCK the people that feign ignorance/disinterest "haha wait, so what's this pokeman thing? does this mean my charizard card is worth $$ now? haha", "too busy irl doing things to play pokemen", "while ya'll gettin' pokemon i'm getting that money", "people of color dying in our country and your (sic) all only worried about catchin pokemon. smh."

Fuck facebook in general i guess

2 minutes ago, rooks said:

Pokemon 'til I die. Fuck the haters, fuck the bandwagoners, and ESPECIALLY FUCK the people that feign ignorance/disinterest "haha wait, so what's this pokeman thing? does this mean my charizard card is worth $$ now? haha", "too busy irl doing things to play pokemen", "while ya'll gettin' pokemon i'm getting that money", "people of color dying in our country and your (sic) all only worried about catchin pokemon. smh."

Fuck facebook in general i guess

I can't really comment on my town's opinion on it. I guess it's too small for anyone to really know what's going on. In the city of Richmond, they are embracing it. Lots of businesses are setting down constant lures at their restaurant for you to come use while you eat lunch, and even giving specials on stuff for people playing. I think that's pretty awesome marketing since so many people are playing this game. And seriously, fuck all the people who are trash talking it. I'm glad I don't have Facebook so I can't see all that crap. The irony is the people that are complaining about it are just sitting on Facebook bitching while everyone else is outside having fun. The same people used to complain about the majority of these people sitting inside playing games all day.

If anyone is interested, I learned how the tracker works. It's been super helpful to catch those monsters that I didn't have in my Pokedex.

My eevee is ready to evolve (waiting till I drop a lucky), I got a CP458 Tauros from an egg, I battled a fuck ton of gyms (so much fun), I caught some new Pokemon (Staryu, Metapod, Goldeen, Tentacool, Ekans, Exeggcute), and I hit 16 last night. All while walking around my local college campus. And I got a 10km egg, so I'm excited to see what I get out of that.

new york city is insane.  pokemon and pokestops everywhere!! like, i'll never run out of balls here but in my town i run out so fast cause there are no pokestops nearby.

I caught like 20 yesterday ( wasn't playing much ) 60 pokemon today.  most are doubles, but some notables are hatching a kabuto, catching scyther and pinsir and haunter.

its really cool how different pokemon are prevalent in different areas - i haven't seen a nidorino/a or eevee once in the city but they are everywhere at my town, and vice versa with doduo!

Apparently my city has a Pokémon crawl. One of the restaurants puts it on, you get discounts on food, and then everyone goes to catch together. At the end you all hang out over drinks talking about what you caught. 

I didn't get to play too much tonight,  but I did hit 17. Got an Eevee out of my 10km egg sadly. Did catch a few new things. Saw a Dratini but didn't find it, and Charmander got away. 

gFtmpj5.jpg

Apparently the nearby feature has been broken since yesterday morning. Which explains why all the poke I found were claimed to be three-steps away still and why I had such an inability to track down Pokemon last night and also why everyone who I met had different nearby's than me. And with the game launching in europe today I highly doubt niantic will be able to address it today. I wonder if it was some kinda issue with the new update because my phone didn't update the app since release until yesterday morning. People have said the nearby feature has always been confusing but before the update I could easily use the placement of the poke in the list to track them down accurately and now it's a shitfest