Pokemon Go

So far I'm enjoying it, haven't really been able to walk around yet since I was on the train when the game came out and it's too late now to walk around in my neighborhood, but the game crashed on me earlier when I was trying to catch a Tauros and I haven't been able to get back on since. I really hope they add trading and battling soon, and maybe a friend's list would be nice.

It's a fun little distraction but the usage rate is too much for the server right now. Everytime I do something the server goes down for 15 mins.

Use an incense - server down. Walk to the park where there is a gym and a ton of rustlin' grass - server goes down. 

Sit down at my desk in the middle of nowhere where there are no pokemon - servers back up!

Annoyed.

Edited by rooks

2 hours ago, marc32137 said:

Caught a Pidgeotto while walking to my job's mailbox. Makes me wonder how many accidents are gonna caused by people walking in the street staring at their phones.

I straight up tripped on a parking-stop walking through a dennys parking lot for the evee in the grass behind it. 

Also, last night i turned it on when I got in bed and there was a ghastly floating above me?? horrifying yet also the greatest thing ever. Woke up to a meowth and a raticate in my kitchen--presumably playing chase. Never knew I was surrounded by so many cool pokes. 

Enjoying this but can't wait for servers to stabilize. Haven't had a chance to walk around much but have caught over 10 pokemon just sitting in my house. Tons of pokecenters and gyms right by my house but nothing I can access without having to leave the apartment. Unfortunately nothing in my immediate work vicinity either.

30 minutes ago, zacooper said:

Enjoying this but can't wait for servers to stabilize. Haven't had a chance to walk around much but have caught over 10 pokemon just sitting in my house. Tons of pokecenters and gyms right by my house but nothing I can access without having to leave the apartment. Unfortunately nothing in my immediate work vicinity either.

This is my issue too. I know the app is supposed to promote exploration but can't help but feel a little jealous of those who have gyms right next to them or pokeceneters on top of their apt/house. I pass about 60 on the walk to the subway and the walk to work. but there is a deadzone about 1.5x the radius of the discovery circle around both my office and my apartment haha. 

22 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I don't know how people are catching Pokemon in their house...I can't even figure out how to catch them outside! I walked to the rustling leaves and nothing happened. I tapped on them, nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

whenever you see the little silhouette in the bottom right corner with three footsteps next to it, that means that poke is near. Walk in a random direction and if it vanishes you're going the wrong way, if the three footsteps turn into two footsteps you're getting closer. If you get close enough that there are no footsteps, the pokemon will appear on the gps map. You then tap it and initiate the catching process where you flick the pokeball at it's face. Repeat. Sweat. Become Pokemon healthy. Heat exhaustion. Become Pokemon Master.  

This game has been all but a disappointment today, everytime I go outside the server crashes or the game times out, twice I tried to catch a Pokémon and the game froze, also wouldn't let me access some pokestops, and I went to a park and found nothing in there, this game feels like a really buggy demo right now and I hope they fix things soon, I know it's only been out for a day but this was probably my most anticipated game for this year besides Sun and Moon, really hope I can enjoy the game soon, only time Pokémon I've been able to catch were either on the train yesterday or from my house. 

People are going way too crazy about this game. Last night I saw two dudes sitting outside some "gym" at about 11:30 with either their daughter or young sister (definitely was past her bedtime lol). Drunk people everywhere downtown just scanning plaques around every corner lmao hopefully the hype dies down. I personally haven't used it for any longer than 10 mins. I might give it a Go today

I'm level 7 right now.

I have Golbat, Pidgeot, Hypno, Grimer, Squirtle, Machop, Krabby, Shellder, Spearow, Gastly, Nidoran (F), Eevee, Meowth, Abra, Venonat, Rattata, Caterpie, Seel, and Weedle.

Took me a day to figure out the game but once you realize how to use the candies to evolve it gets a lot more fun. I just took over a gym as well. :)