Pokemon Go

I can't use the AR because HTC Desires don't have gyroscopes. But I don't mind much, I play mostly at night and not using the camera makes the battery actually last quite a while during play.

~~**~~**~~Reading y'alls comments tho, I think it'd be fun if we all named our nearest "major city" and then listed which pokes are common and which we think are common elsewhere but we've never or have rarely seen. I'll start!~~**~~**~~

AREA: Biloxi / Gulf-Coast Beach of Mississippi

• Bulbasaur : 8 caught
  • Charmander: 2 caught
  • Squirtle: 7 caught
  • Caterpie: 34 caught
  • Weedle: 58 caught
  • Pidgey: 135 caught
  • Rattata: 114 caught
  • Spearow: 25 caught
  • Ekans: 11 caught
  • Pikachu: 5 caught
  • Sandshrew: 8 caught
  • Nidoran female: 8 caught
  • Nidoran male: 14 caught
  • Vulpix: 2 caught

eihgioghewoihgewiohgeiowhih well g'dammit. The Pokedex doesn't work on HTC Desires either so in order to check the amount I have to manually slide right from bulbasaur and keep my thumb holding down on the screen or it cycles back to #1 bulbasaur this is extremely frustrating.... it's almost impossible its fighting me trying to slide left back to #1 bulbasaur and I have to keep swiping right to try to move forward and it won't let me. Getting past the first #30 or so to check how many captured on my phone may not be possible until niantic fixes the pokedex for HTC Desire phones. 

• Jigglypuff: 6 caught
  • zubat : 26 caught (i avoid most zubats because they waste balls0
  • Oddish: 10 caught
  • Paras: 11 caught
  • Venonat: 26 caught
  • Diglett: 2 caught
  • Meowth: 11 caught
  • Psyduck: 25 caught
  • Mankey: 2 caught (technically 1, hatched the second)
  • Growlithe: 4 caught
  • Poliwag: 22 caught
  • Abra: 8 caught
  • Machop: 2 caught
  • Bellsprout: 13 caught
  • Tentacool: 10 caught
  • Geodude: 6 caught (one of which was an egg)
  • Ponyta: 7 caught
  • Slowpoke: 5 caught
  • Magnemite: 13 caught
  • Doduo: 4 caught
  • Seel: 10 caught
  • Shelder: 9 caught
  • Gastly: 7 caught
  • Drowzee: 5 caught
  • Krabby: 19 caught
  • Voltorb: 6 caught
  • Exeggcute: 16 caught
  • cubone: 8 caught
  • Koffng: 2 caught
  • Rhyhorn: 3 caught
  • Tangela: 3 caught
  • Horsea: 5 caught
  • Goldeen: 16 caught
  • Staryu: 30 caught
  • Scyther: 5 caught
  • Pinsir: 3 caught
  • Tauros: 3 caught
  • Magikarp: 58 caught
  • Evee: 28 caught
  • Omnyte: 2 caught
  • Kabutos: 1 caught
  • Dratini: 2 caught

............i just want you all to realize I had to manually hold the screen still with my right hand and type with my left while trying to swipe through 100+ poke entries while the entire time the app tried to cycle backwards left :( Hopefully this spawn amount info will be interesting to some tho

tl;dr : water pokemon and grass/bug pokemon spawn a lot here but a lot of the pokemon I've heard reported as common are pretty uncommon/rare here

Edited by dkrtz

15 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

Nifty. I guess it's not of much use if I'm the only person in mississippi who knows it exists tho haha still a really awesome concept. thanks! 

As much as I usually hate Reddit...check it for your area. There are people reporting where "nests" are for stuff around Portland (guaranteed spawn points for multiple of the same pokemon on a regular basis)

Might be something for where you are.

Had a 600+ Wartortle slip away from me today. Bummed. as fuck.

Did manage to finally snag a Horsea though, and a Rhyhorn. Rhydon. Two Clefairy away from being able to evolve a pretty badass Clefable too!

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

38 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Both of my 10k eggs have been eevees. Fuck my life. 

I'm level 15 and I've still never received a 10km egg. All the 2km and 5km eggs I've hatched have been Ratattas, Pidgeys, and Weedles. The one exception has been a Staryu, but the other ~10 eggs have been garbage.

Edited by Youinreverse

7 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

I'm level 15 and I've still never received a 10km egg. All the 2km and 5km eggs I've hatched have been Ratattas, Pidgeys, and Weedles. The one exception has been a Staryu, but the other ~10 eggs have been garbage.

Yeah...I got two Electabuzz from 10km ones and a Ponyta from a 5km, but I've cracked like 15 other eggs and they've all been straight up garbage.

19 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah...I got two Electabuzz from 10km ones and a Ponyta from a 5km, but I've cracked like 15 other eggs and they've all been straight up garbage.

I have 5 5k eggs in the bators right now. I did hit level 20 today though.

SLhaw9N.png

I got another Zubat in a 2km egg today. I̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶e̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶g̶o̶n̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶m̶p̶l̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶N̶i̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶

I'm fine.

21 hours ago, WAXXX said:

i'm getting a ton of eevees where i'm at, so have a nice roster of vaporeons, jolteons, and flareons. however, not seeing near as many cool ones as you guys are posting. i learned that there is a trick to get eevee to turn into what you want. before you evolve it, change the name and you can control the evolution. sparky = jolteon, rainer = vaporeon, pyro = flareon.

20 hours ago, texan4life said:

I've heard of it as well and tried it first hand and it worked but I named eevee volteon and it evolved to jolteon, so I wonder if you just name it anything similar to the evolved name you desire and that works.

i tried this & it worked! renamed my eevee sparky and it became a jolteon :D my 2nd favorite pokemon haha

now if i can just find a dratini....gotta get myself a dragonite lol