Pokemon Go

A dude at work was talking shit to me and another worker because we've dropped like $7 each on this game. He said that we're "cheating," haha. I have no problem supporting developers of apps I use frequently, and if I have a couple extra dollars opposed to a couple extra hours a day you better believe I'm gonna make the game worth my while. Fuck outta here with that nonsense, haha.

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

No shame in that! We've all easily spent more to watch one crappy movie at a theater. I bet you've gotten hours and hours of entertainment outta that $40.

I spent $5 to get more bag space and I am a never-spend-on-mobile-apps type of person. I feel like like this game is easily worth a $15 upfront cost though and the fact it's free makes it appealing to support them.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

$

I haven't gotten any when I level up lately, but for a while I had 2 going at a time constantly. Bummed I haven't gotten any lately though.

@batman

From leveling (which I think is where the majority is from), and holding gyms. I've been holding 3 gyms for the last couple of days. I've been hitting up my local town which has a college campus with a few gyms. So I will walk around, level, and throw in a high pokemon. Seemed to work really well now that I'm level 20. I haven't spent any of my own money on this game yet. But like @Shitty Rambo said, I have no problem with anyone who supports the game via in-game purchases. I personally don't buy anything, but I do get free Google Play credits from answering Google surveys which is cool (so I bought one with that). I do have 600 coins in the bank though. I'll probably use that on more incubators and incense since I'm in a rural area. I can just walk around in the woods, attract pokemon, and hatch eggs. Helps combat the fact that there's nothing near me. I think it is a little much when people are paying a good deal to get to lvl 40 first. I saw some dude on reddit in AUS who spent $250... that's ridiculous.

I ran into a dude in town last night that was leveling up the gym I just took, so we went around to all the gyms I owned, and leveled those. It definitely helped for holding them. So it was cool for a gym to have more levels to it rather than it just being me and getting taking fairly quickly.

Edited by Dave Grohl

18 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

I spent $5 to get more bag space and I am a never-spend-on-mobile-apps type of person. I feel like like this game is easily worth a $15 upfront cost though and the fact it's free makes it appealing to support them.

I agree 100%. Plus it's more money towards server space. Haha.

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

You guys don't just go out in the rain?

I was last night. The storm came out of nowhere as I was battling a gym. Stood there till I beat it. I would go out, but it's straight storming out. Like, really heavy down pour. I'll go outside when it passes. At least it'll be nice and cool out.

MPpygWs.png