Pokemon Go

12 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

Pokes crawling at the nothing show. I was literally just thinking today how concerts and shows must be poke breeding grounds since notable venues will most likely be poke stops and ALL those people doing lures and waiting for the show to start..........

10 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

I went to a show this afternoon at a ski resort and there was so much good stuff around. 

I see people posting in cities how many pokemon they are coming across, but how is it for more rural areas? I just downloaded it today, and live in a rural area. Like, I live in the woods. Haha. Is it worth walking around here or do I need to venture to more populated areas?

This is where I am:

ZDjAUke.png

Haha.

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

I see people posting in cities how many pokemon they are coming across, but how is it for more rural areas? I just downloaded it today, and live in a rural area. Like, I live in the woods. Haha. Is it worth walking around here or do I need to venture to more populated areas?

This is where I am:

ZDjAUke.png

Haha.

You should be fine for finding Pokemon. In fact, you should be able to find a lot of cool stuff. If you go near those rivers/lakes, you should be able to grab some water types. The only downfall of living in the country is you won't have as many Pokestops, where you can refill with free Pokeballs, potions, eggs, etc.

Just now, Youinreverse said:

You should be fine for finding Pokemon. In fact, you should be able to find a lot of cool stuff. If you go near those rivers/lakes, you should be able to grab some water types. The only downfall of living in the country is you won't have as many Pokestops, where you can refill with free Pokeballs, potions, eggs, etc.

Guess I'll have to go into town to do that shit. I've only caught the starter, and read nothing about the game. Is there a site where I can see how the mechanics? All I know is you walk to hatch eggs, and you get those eggs after certain kms walked?

8 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Guess I'll have to go into town to do that shit. I've only caught the starter, and read nothing about the game. Is there a site where I can see how the mechanics? All I know is you walk to hatch eggs, and you get those eggs after certain kms walked?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4rvuj2/how_do_i_megathread_part_4/

14 minutes ago, dkrtz said:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-go pretty concise writeup for starting out here even if ign turns you off. 

And spawn rates are based on cell usage so rural areas have much fewer spawns. You may hafta go to the local grocery store to really swim in poke.

Haha, guess I'm going into town tomorrow. Cell coverage is pretty much garbage where I'm at.

Also - triple post super pro tip

Save a ton of candies for a bunch of different pokemon and wait to evolve them. use a lucky egg before evolving them all. I've found the guaranteed 500xp per evolution + the 50% exp bonus to be a huge guarantee boost as opposed to popping an incense and then using the lucky egg.

I caught a cp600 Poliwrath today! Found a lotta cool new water poke on the beach in ocean springs. There were psyducks, magikarp, and i found my first electrodes, magnemites and machop! There was a group of like 35 people at the pavilion on the beach all catching Machop. It's so weird that suddenly the world is as into pkmn mastership as we have always been lol 

Also my first 10k egg hatched..... Freakin cp500 Scyther. That's my fourth scyther very anticlimactic :( 

Yeah, a lot of freezing / servers down today. I would either throw a ball and it wouldn't toss, or I'd catch a pokemon and the ball would just sit there. Regardless of having to restart the app a lot I got some good progress for my first day:

Lvl 5 // 3405/5000

23/250 Pokemon

14 Caught

18 Seen

8 Eggs

CP83 Pidgeotto

CP67 Likitung

CP103 Nidoran

CP71 Eevee

And I found a Vulpix even though it's only CP10. I don't do get a Ninetails at some point. One of my eggs hatched between restarting the app, so I'm assuming I just got a common pokemon I already had.

Biloxi poke scene is seriously popping. Never new pokemon would be culturally alive again as strong as it was twenty years ago, so awesome. There were over three hundred people congregated at the Biloxi Lighthouse on the beach at midnight using five lures simultaneously. There were literally three spawned pokemon at any given moment, as soon as you catch one another appears. And EVERYONE, all 300+ had access to every pokemon that spawned. It was so cool seeing the huge mass of people shift from one side of the beach to the other to catch a vaporeon. The immediate community this spawned is seriously ridiculous