Pokemon Go

I was helping a customer today and could tell he was playing Pokemon Go so I said "Hey, I caught a Squirtle in the parking lot like 15 minutes ago..." and he abandoned his shopping cart and ran outside. Dude was at least 40 something.

I was skeptical when it was announced months ago, but this game is fucking delightful.

Also, I only need to catch 99 more Magikarps before I can evolve one!

Just now, [Banned User] said:

How the heck do you get your pokemon to such high CP? My highest is at 263. I'm a level 8.

You can power them up using candies and stardust. I think battling at gyms will also raise their CP but I haven't been to a gym yet.

I also think that the higher level you are, you have a higher chance of finding pokemon with higher CP.

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

You can power them up using candies and stardust. I think battling at gyms will also raise their CP but I haven't been to a gym yet.

I also think that the higher level you are, you have a higher chance of finding pokemon with higher CP.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm like running out of stardust to keep raising their CP, so I guess I just need to keep catching them.

Today was a basically a restock day for me, did a lot of walking on Hollywood Blvd. which is littered with Pokéstops. I did find an Omanyte and a 744 Pinsir though which was cool, also bummed that a high CP Magmar ran away from even after I gave it a Razz Berry, augh oh well, at least I have one already. 

I hit up a triple lured stop, used my lucky egg, and evolved all my rats and birds. I went up four levels. I'm at 13 now. Pretty stoked on that for three days work. I went Growlith hunting and caught four. There's a park here and they're everywhere, but the reception is so bad it's hard to register the catch. 

Stoked to go out and see what I get now that I'm getting up in levels. 

Haven't played much today, but I got to lvl14, and caught some new stuff. Mostly just walked around to hatch eggs.

5km - CP106 Machop

5km - CP127 Abra

CP397 Eevee

CP612 Pinsar

My Pidgeot is CP769 which is my highest. Hopefully I can explore some new places this weekend, and some more high leveled stuff since I'm getting up there. Saving all my dust and candies for when I'm a higher level. I still have yet to find a gym I can take over. Haha.

Also, T-Mobile is exempting Pokemon Go from data charges for a year which is pretty damn sweet. (Especially since I have T-Mobile / Sprint -- Aka Google Fi.)

Edited by Dave Grohl

This game is an exercise in disappointment sometimes. Was just on the corner of my street with 6 other people all trying to catch a blastoise. Every time any of us got it in the ball our game froze and the cache didn't register. We all reset 3 to 5 times and the catch would never register before freezing. Eventually he just disappeared and the 6th of us lost 10 minutes of our lives. 

Dumb.

12 minutes ago, rooks said:

This game is an exercise in disappointment sometimes. Was just on the corner of my street with 6 other people all trying to catch a blastoise. Every time any of us got it in the ball our game froze and the cache didn't register. We all reset 3 to 5 times and the catch would never register before freezing. Eventually he just disappeared and the 6th of us lost 10 minutes of our lives. 

Dumb.

Apparently that's been the main deal with shit today. I was trying to catch that Eevee, I 'caught' it, it froze. Tried again, it froze. Third time it went through. So I'm spending 3x the resources I should be. The shitty thing is that it has a 5 minute refresh time when someone catches it. So if anyone comes along when you're hunting something, they catch it, you have 5 minutes before it disappears.