Jump to content
Shitty Rambo

The 'Does anyone have info about this record?'/ 'What is this record or collection worth?' Thread

Recommended Posts

@underwaterzoo

To me it looks like the other colour photo you are talking about here is a mock up which is not necessarily the most accurate thing to base what copies of the finished product will look like. Have you checked the numbers on the dead wax against discogs because that may be your best bet at matching it up?

If I was a gambling man I'd say that you have the purple and yellow smash and it just came out looking different from the mock up which is something that is very common in the vinyl game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

@underwaterzoo

To me it looks like the other colour photo you are talking about here is a mock up which is not necessarily the most accurate thing to base what copies of the finished product will look like. Have you checked the numbers on the dead wax against discogs because that may be your best bet at matching it up?

If I was a gambling man I'd say that you have the purple and yellow smash and it just came out looking different from the mock up which is something that is very common in the vinyl game.

I actually ended up finally seeing it pop up when I searched and it looks like it was only available in their UK store. It's sold out in their shop but it doesn't have any pressing info either. But I was finally able to find a contact email to try and figure it out. Thanks for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,. Looking for help on this one.  I have a 33rpm album.  It is a children's record by Young people's Records, #10002.  Titled are three children stories, the carrot seed, the eagle and the thrush, and wait til the moon is full.  I found some info on Young People's Records, but only one on sale, and they were asking $700.  I about fell out of my chair. Can someone please help. The album cover is not in good shape, bot the record is in excellent shape, with some very light surface scratches, none of which will hinder the play........Thank you all

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Billyb said:

Hi All,. Looking for help on this one.  I have a 33rpm album.  It is a children's record by Young people's Records, #10002.  Titled are three children stories, the carrot seed, the eagle and the thrush, and wait til the moon is full.  I found some info on Young People's Records, but only one on sale, and they were asking $700.  I about fell out of my chair. Can someone please help. The album cover is not in good shape, bot the record is in excellent shape, with some very light surface scratches, none of which will hinder the play........Thank you all

 

 

 

Keep your eye on this link. 

https://www.discogs.com/Norman-Rose-Algernon-Black-Sally-Sweetland-David-Pfeffer-Tchaikovsky-And-The-Vienna-Festival-Orchest/release/5678961

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found these old vinyl in a second-hand shop in Denmark. I don't know much about vinyl, so I would appreciate if anyone could help me out  :) I'm not sure how old the Decca singles are, but they are in good condition. Cheers!

 

Beatles EP Hjärtliga Sverige-hälsningar från The Beatles - (Odeon GEOS 209, Sweden 1963)

Jane Wyman, The Maiden of Guadalupe - Decca single

http://imgur.com/a/pap7X Bing Crosby single

http://imgur.com/a/VBHJm Bing Crosby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jazz collectors: I have a question about "The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery". Almost of every original copy of this album I've seen has the title on the cover in blue letters, my copy has white letters.  I've only seen one other with white letters on popsike but there was no mention of the difference. Everything else on this album is consistent with a first pressing; deep groove, blue label, catalog number RLP 12-320. Anybody know? Is this perhaps an earlier version or a later version or just a fluke? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pileofvinyl said:

Jazz collectors: I have a question about "The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery". Almost of every original copy of this album I've seen has the title on the cover in blue letters, my copy has white letters.  I've only seen one other with white letters on popsike but there was no mention of the difference. Everything else on this album is consistent with a first pressing; deep groove, blue label, catalog number RLP 12-320. Anybody know? Is this perhaps an earlier version or a later version or just a fluke? 

 

Is it this one? If so, looks like it's just a Japanese reissue. https://www.discogs.com/Wes-Montgomery-The-Incredible-Jazz-Guitar-Of-Wes-Montgomery/release/10402265

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I just received this copy of mewithoutYou's Brother, Sister I bought through Discogs. It was sold as a Red/Christmas variant "but looks dark purple." I didn't expect it to be the Christmas red, the price was really good I was going to buy it regardless of color. Now I'm just curious was pressing/color is really is. There are definitely some variants missing from Discogs and ones that are there don't all have photos, I don't think any have runouts given. A google search led me to believe there was a blue and a red pressed last year, does anyone know about that? This could be a transition between blue and red, right? Any other ideas?

IMG_9678.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys posting on here for the first time after doing a bunch of research on the sites suggested I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether this would be worth anything or where I may be able to find out more information? Its Mary Poppins soundtrack with the original cast but it has asian writing on it and the Vinyl is transparent red. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jmsquis said:

Hey guys posting on here for the first time after doing a bunch of research on the sites suggested I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether this would be worth anything or where I may be able to find out more information? Its Mary Poppins soundtrack with the original cast but it has asian writing on it and the Vinyl is transparent red. Cheers

Is it this https://www.discogs.com/Various-Walt-Disney-Presents-Mary-Poppins-Original-Soundtrack-Recording/release/5232344 ?

There's another Taiwan release of it on Discogs as well but it looks more orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2017 at 6:54 PM, OhBuoyancy said:

 

I just received this copy of mewithoutYou's Brother, Sister I bought through Discogs. It was sold as a Red/Christmas variant "but looks dark purple." I didn't expect it to be the Christmas red, the price was really good I was going to buy it regardless of color. Now I'm just curious was pressing/color is really is. There are definitely some variants missing from Discogs and ones that are there don't all have photos, I don't think any have runouts given. A google search led me to believe there was a blue and a red pressed last year, does anyone know about that? This could be a transition between blue and red, right? Any other ideas?

 

I know there's a blue swirl variant, but this one looks more purple to me. Is the color showing in the photo how it actually looks, or is it just like that because of the camera?

 

Here's the swirl: http://lazylabradorrecords.com/mewithoutyou-brother-sister-vinyl-lp-blue-swirl/

Edited by MyckelJay
added link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2017 at 10:22 PM, MyckelJay said:

I know there's a blue swirl variant, but this one looks more purple to me. Is the color showing in the photo how it actually looks, or is it just like that because of the camera?

 

Here's the swirl: http://lazylabradorrecords.com/mewithoutyou-brother-sister-vinyl-lp-blue-swirl/

The photo is a good representation of how it looks in person. The pattern is similar to that blue, but it's definitely purple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Azimuth said:

does a number one of something like that mean much?

 

Thanks! Be nice, first time here :)

Welcome to the VC boards!

 

In the end, this all comes down to personal reference. It doesn't add any monetary to the record, only sentiment. If you're a big fan of the artist, it's cool to have the first copy out of a numbered run, but if you're just a casual listener it doesn't really make a difference. That's how I feel about it at least. But there's really no real answer to this question; it just depends on your opinions and thoughts about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is weird, but i have a copy of ... Is A Real Boy i got way back in high school in 2008-2009 at hot topic. It was double black, when it should have been in white. I am going crazy, as EVERYWHERE I've looked has not listed that color way. Then, i do a quick google search  and BAM I found some info on it

 

 

https://web.archive.org/web/20110604171556/http://www.doghouserecords.com/v11/link_releasesDetail.php?detailID=123&bandID=Say Anything

 

 

Has anyone else come across it? Im also trying to sell it as well as my other records in my collection (downsizing and the like)

 

 

EDIT: it is also not the 3rd pressing which is all i see on discogs and eBay. 

 
Edited by TSTLSOOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody have any information about THE OPRY ALBUM on columbia special products, it is from the '50's, I beleive.  It says COLUMBIA SPECIAL PRODUCTS across the top and LIMITED EDITION across the bottom.  The catalogue number is XTV 86112.  Searching for it online yeilds only a seller or 2 on ebay or maybe amazon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know of any place, other than discogs, where you can look up pressing info? Discogs doesn't have everything and I guess I'm the 1 out of 10 that can't find pressing info there. I entered in Google and it comes up with Discogs, surprise surprise. I can find the catalog number but none of the etchings on the dead wax match. I reached out to a guy who runs a vinyl podcast and he recommended to check out Vinyl Hoarders United but they seem to be non-existent anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FloydusPinkus said:

Does anyone know of any place, other than discogs, where you can look up pressing info? Discogs doesn't have everything and I guess I'm the 1 out of 10 that can't find pressing info there. I entered in Google and it comes up with Discogs, surprise surprise. I can find the catalog number but none of the etchings on the dead wax match. I reached out to a guy who runs a vinyl podcast and he recommended to check out Vinyl Hoarders United but they seem to be non-existent anymore. 

Post it in this thread, someone here might have info or be able to find info. What information are you wanting about the release? When and where it was pressed or something different?

 

Dead Format sometimes has things discogs doesn't. Steve Hoffman forum is good too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 4:20 PM, FloydusPinkus said:

Does anyone know of any place, other than discogs, where you can look up pressing info? Discogs doesn't have everything and I guess I'm the 1 out of 10 that can't find pressing info there. I entered in Google and it comes up with Discogs, surprise surprise. I can find the catalog number but none of the etchings on the dead wax match. I reached out to a guy who runs a vinyl podcast and he recommended to check out Vinyl Hoarders United but they seem to be non-existent anymore. 

Releases on Discogs are all user-submitted, so some release may be incomplete or inaccurate as far as stamps and etchings in the dead wax go. As OhBuoyancy suggested, you could try looking on Deadformat, but that site is rarely updated anymore and the releases only mention which pressing, color and how many of that record were pressed. If you can't find what you're looking for, best bet would be to reach out to the artist(s) or label themselves and see what information they can give you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have pressing info for this record? I looked it up on Discogs and I can match catalog number but not the deadwax etchings. Looking to see if this is a first pressing or not.  I know it was pressed between 1971-1973 because the logo used was only used for those years until the record company was sued for trademark infringement.  Problem is the record was released in 1971 so it could be a repress as well. The record company isn't around anymore and the rights have passed hands through the years and are now property of Universal Music.

 

Here's the info:

 

Artist: J. J. Cale

Album: Naturally

Album Cover: no writing, later issues have "JJ Cale Naturally" in lower left cover of album cover

Catalog Number: SW-8908

Side 1 Deadwax: SW1 8908 F1 #2

Side 2 Deadwax: SW2 8908 F1 #1 

Label info: Shelter Records, red label, logo is gold egg with upside down Superman "S" inside the egg. "DISTRIBUTED BY CAPITAL RECORDS, INC." on bottom curve of label. 

 

If you need more information on it just let me know,  thanks to anyone who can help me. 

Edited by FloydusPinkus
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×