Shitty Rambo

The 'Does anyone have info about this record?'/ 'What is this record or collection worth?' Thread

Probably not the best spot but I didn't want to start a new thread. I was just given about 350 records that were found in two different abandoned storage lockers. Half are 80s dance and hip hop singles and the other half are classic and psych rock from the 60S. Very happy to find first pressing of the seeds first two albums in there. I am excited about that half but the dj stuff not so much. I am still going to check values because I found one that's been selling on discogs for around $75 but the majority are $1-$2. 

I won't list and ship anything for under $50 so I am guessing I will bring them to a record store. Any idea what store in the  CA Bay Area would be best and if they will price individually or just  offer a bulk price.

11 hours ago, Dunc said:

I won't list and ship anything for under $50 

Why?  You'll be getting pennies on the dollar from a record store.  And they will only cherry pick you.  Those DJ records are mainly garbage.  Your best bet is to pick out what you want, then put an ad on craigslist for the rest at like $.50 - $1 bulk purchase, must take all.  I'd even separate the DJ garbage and sell it for like $.25 each in bulk. 

Then go for $1 - $2 bulk on the rock. 

9 minutes ago, whosnotwo said:

Why?  You'll be getting pennies on the dollar from a record store.  And they will only cherry pick you.  Those DJ records are mainly garbage.  Your best bet is to pick out what you want, then put an ad on craigslist for the rest at like $.50 - $1 bulk purchase, must take all.  I'd even separate the DJ garbage and sell it for like $.25 each in bulk. 

Then go for $1 - $2 bulk on the rock. 

Oops, I meant $5.

Thanks for the info. The rock is actually all really good stuff minus a couple so I am keeping most of it. The dj stuff is all garbage minus a couple.  I knew I would be getting pennies on the dollar I just don't want to deal with selling it. I drive into the city every now and then to go record shopping so thought maybe I could dump them there. I'll give Craigslist a try first. It just doesn't seem like I will reach a big enough audience to find people that want these. I thought about posting them here but I have a feeling I wouldn't sell a single one of them.

Edited by Dunc

1 minute ago, Dunc said:

Oops, I meant $5.

Thanks for the info. The rock is actually all really good stuff minus a couple so I am keeping most of it. The dj stuff is all garbage minus a couple.  I knew I would be getting pennies on the dollar I just don't want to deal with selling it. I drive into the city every now and then to go record shopping so thought maybe I could dump them there. I'll give Craigslist a try first. It just doesn't seem like I will reach a big enough audience to find people that want these. I thought about posting them here but I have a feeling I wouldn't sell a single one of them.

HaHa.  well that makes sense.  I don't waste time under $9.  

And yes, you're spot on with the rest.  A records shop, unless they specialize in DJ vinyl, wouldn't want them.  May just have to give them away.  I've been down that road before.  Good luck.