PO SOON : Dillinger Escape Plan - Dissociation

looking at the venues for this tour, it is kinda depressing. I can't imagine being a band this long and still not being able to headline a show at a venue with more than a 100-200 person capacity. especially seeing so many contemporaries selling out much larger venues.

Edited by jrodan

This album is going to crush. Dillinger's an unstoppable force. I'm telling you guys, we won't be ready.

Ben Weinman seems to be very pleased with it, as well. It supposedly brings back some of the sounds of the Calculating/Irony Is A Dead Scene days.

Edited by AnimosityDK

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

looking at the venues for this tour, it is kinda depressing. I can't imagine being a band this long and still not being able to headline a show at a venue with more than a 100-200 person capacity. especially seeing so many contemporaries selling out much larger venues.

I'm pretty sure they're playing super small venues on this tour because they WANT to, not because they NEED to. This is most likely the intimate "pre-cursor to the new album" tour before the main tour to support the album. I'd rather see Dillinger play a smaller venue anyway.

14 hours ago, jrodan said:

Not trying to be rude, but you don't know what you're talking about.

They will do more dates. These 10 are probably just gearing up for the record or another tour. 

7 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I saw DEP play a small show in like 2006 and they should only play dive bars. Everyone should be too close, it should be hot, and you should be legitimately be afraid you're going to catch a piece of gear to the face.

That is also 100% accurate. First time i saw dillinger they had one of those floor fans on the stage for which they broke and then threw the plastic blade like a frisbee at the audience. Next show ben hit greg in the face with his guitar and broke some of his teeth. Greg took all of 90 seconds to get situated and finished their set. 

P.O. Up on Amazon for $10 on vinyl with Sept. 9th release date.  Just ordered mine to get the price guarantee. It is sure to go up UNLESS... LD is an ep...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IGY365C?ref%5F=sr%5F1%5F7%5Ftwi%5Flp%5F%5F2&qid=1468977888&sr=8-7&keywords=dillinger%20escape%20plan%20vinyl&pldnSite=1

40 minutes ago, Reznor2112 said:

P.O. Up on Amazon for $10 on vinyl with Sept. 9th release date.  Just ordered mine to get the price guarantee. It is sure to go up UNLESS... LD is an ep...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IGY365C?ref%5F=sr%5F1%5F7%5Ftwi%5Flp%5F%5F2&qid=1468977888&sr=8-7&keywords=dillinger%20escape%20plan%20vinyl&pldnSite=1

Thanks for the heads up on this. There are two listings for the vinyl. One for $10.03 and one for $10.06. Not sure what the difference between the two is apart from the price. Went ahead and ordered both just to lock down the price. I'll cancel one of them when more details are announced.