PO Now: Brand New - I Am A Nightmare 12" single & Mene 7" & 3 Demos, Reworked 10"

At least their label has their priorities straight.  What a year to be a Brand New fan – a new single on a 12", two official releases of decade-old songs, some enamel pins, and a mass production of masks.

I think I'm ready for 2018 and this band's death.  Holy shit.

I find it pretty hilarious the amount of shit Brand New fans will put up with. Dollar store masks in a box that has "the god and devil are raging inside of me" printed on it $40, seems reasonable.

What's next? A life-size cardboard cut-out of the little girl from the cover of TGADARIOM? A plush fox from daisy? A space rock in a box with the Deja Entendu astronaut on it? An album(I admit this ones way too far fetched)?

1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I find it pretty hilarious the amount of shit Brand New fans will put up with. Dollar store masks in a box that has "the god and devil are raging inside of me" printed on it $40, seems reasonable.

What's next? A life-size cardboard cut-out of the little girl from the cover of TGADARIOM? A plush fox from daisy? A space rock in a box with the Deja Entendu astronaut on it? An album(I admit this ones way too far fetched)?

1. It's "The Devil and God", not the other way around. Jesus fucking Christ. 

2. It comes with both masks and a shirt. $40 doesn't sound that steep. 

No, I didn't buy this. Just wanted to correct you since comprehension must not be your field of expertise. 

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

1. It's "The Devil and God", not the other way around. Jesus fucking Christ. 

2. It comes with both masks and a shirt. $40 doesn't sound that steep. 

No, I didn't buy this. Just wanted to correct you since comprehension must not be your field of expertise. 

My bad I'm always muddling that title order up. To me $40 still seems steep even with a t-shirt but hey I suppose everyone's entitled to their opinion.  I'm just getting pissy waiting on real album news.

5 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

My bad I'm always muddling that title order up. To me $40 still seems steep even with a t-shirt but hey I suppose everyone's entitled to their opinion.  I'm just getting pissy waiting on real album news.

I mean I'm not buying it because I have glasses so the masks are useless. And yeah I'd rather have a new record than this shit. 

14 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

I feel like this isn't that big of a deal, lots of bands sell merch, and it's not like masks are the most ridiculous thing to sell two weeks before Halloween. And I know I'm not the only person who has always wanted those masks.

That's not really what we're talking about, specifically.

It's that their last album came out in 2009 and since then:

2010 - 11 represses of TDAG(2006)

2011 - 3-5 represses of YFW(2001)

2013 - 4 represses of TDAG (2006)

2014 - 3 represses of TDAG(2006)

2014 - 1 repress of Daisy(2009)

2015- RSD and Standard represses of Deja (2003)

2015 - Cassette release of the Leaked Demos (2006)

2015 - Mene single 7" (2015)

2015 - 2016 - "Magazine" copies of lyric books from TDAG + Deja(2003-2006)

2016 - 1 repress of TDAG(2006)

2016 - 1 repress of Daisy(2009)

2016 - Cassette "repress" of Leaked Demos(2006)

2016 - 3 Leaked Demos re-recorded for a 10"(2006)

2016 - I Am A Nightmare 12" single (2016)

2016 - TDAG and Deja Pins(2003-2006)

2016 - $40 masks and a shirt referencing TDAG(2006)

So, the only new things they've done since 2009 have been one 7" (Mene) and one single-sided 12" single (I am a Nightmare).

It's getting oldddddddddddddd.

Edited by rooks

6 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I would buy a space rock with the Deja astronaut on it...

4 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

I guess? I don't feel the same. it's just a matter of perspective. I'm sure we could argue all day about this band but it won't change what the band actually does  

You feel like 2 new songs in 7 years is acceptable output for an active band?

I mean, if so, that's great for you. But, I like the band and I'm tired of them living in the past and forcing me to as well in order to enjoy them. 

29 vinyl versions and 2 cassette versions of 7-15 year old records/songs and 2 new songs over the past 7 years is not enjoyable to me. 

Someday they will do a boxset....it will be a good day.

57 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

just bought the 10" and 12" from CCmusic with their -25% coupon OCTCCM25 (you need a $50+ purchase) for 22 and change ppd shipped to Europe . Glad i've waited. Now I just need the 7"

All 3 are awesome. They did fantastic job on the artwork/sleeves..especially the 10 inch