The Devil Wears Prada: LP6

On 7/17/2016 at 9:57 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

I think it was moved to the Everything Else section because there's nothing announced yet.

Well can we move it back now? Vinyl is out lol...

Yeah.... I could care less about rarity if it just doesn't match the artwork at all..... so probably going for /700 + Casette? 

• 1 month later...

I found another variant while I was browsing tonight, Rise Records website says this one is /2500. Allegedly there is a Half White / Half Baby Blue With Black Splatter /1000, but I can't find a link. I'm gonna assume that'll be the standard retail unless we hear otherwise

http://www.impericon.com/en/the-devil-wears-prada-transit-blues-electric-blue-milky-clear-colored-lp.html

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

REALLY digging that new song, going to be a great album

Yeah agreed. They tend to do a good job at evolving but keeping enough that I'm still loving it. 

Side-note: totally sucks that this got moved here because I was thinking, "Why is no one talking about this album?" Can we get it moved back mods?

Hoping more info comes up about the other variants soon. Rise's pg has 3 other variants that I haven't been able to see yet. From what I saw in the HT thread, there WONT be a HT Exclusive according to Travis. I could see them doing tour presses again like they did with 8:18. Here's what there is/what I've been able to find so far. If anyone finds the others, a link & heads up would be greatly appreciated!

300- Highlighter yellow (MerchNow)

500- Half Bone, Half White w/ electric blue splatter (FYE)

700- Electric Blue w/ black splatter (MerchNow)

1000- Half White, Half baby blue w/ black splatter (???)

1000- Bone w/ grey splatter (???)

2500- Half Electric Blue/ Half Milky Clear (Amazon, Impericon, SRC)

Edited by Captain Oats
Updated FYE Exclusive

Got a hold of the leak. (Might be down at my PO box though, don't think MerchNow have sent notifications for recent releases have they?)

Anyways, it's a pretty solid album. I don't quite like the first half (except maybe "Daughter"), but everything from "The Condition" or "To the Key..." to the title track is excellent. Of course some music grows over time, and I would never bash these guys (being my favorite (metal) band).

It is quite amazing how they've evolved, with every album they've put out being different sounding than the last.

7 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Got a hold of the leak. (Might be down at my PO box though, don't think MerchNow have sent notifications for recent releases have they?)

Anyways, it's a pretty solid album. I don't quite like the first half (except maybe "Daughter"), but everything from "The Condition" or "To the Key..." to the title track is excellent. Of course some music grows over time, and I would never bash these guys (being my favorite (metal) band).

It is quite amazing how they've evolved, with every album they've put out being different sounding than the last.

I have not got notification but hope It magicalLy appears soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine in today. Looks way better than the mock ups! Although, I am kinda tempted at maybe getting the FYE exclusive, for being a smaller press number, but it's "base" is white, so I don't know about sound quality. Album is still good, have yet to change my feelings on the middle of the album. Submersion might be my favorite track. So whatcha think about it @KingTacoMunster?

Also, if anybody is missing an insert, for some reason I got two of them...

26 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Got mine in today. Looks way better than the mock ups! Although, I am kinda tempted at maybe getting the FYE exclusive, for being a smaller press number, but it's "base" is white, so I don't know about sound quality. Album is still good, have yet to change my feelings on the middle of the album. Submersion might be my favorite track. So whatcha think about it @KingTacoMunster?

Also, if anybody is missing an insert, for some reason I got two of them...

really enjoying it. Home For Grave pt 2 is soooo good. thought the /700 came out quite nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Even more than 8:18, I absolutely hate the mix on this album. I can get into the second half of the album but a few of the A-side songs are not interesting to me. definitely missing Chris' writing and playing style. Most of the lyrics on here and Space EP have been pretty uninteresting to me personally. I appreciate that they aren't generic metalcore lyrics though . overall, I really want to love these guys like I have for so long... I'm just finding myself having to try hard to appreciate what they're doing at the moment. on the positive side, I really like the artwork .