Live From The Rock Room (podcast/youtube series)

13102687_540305276174150_349249246082752

i'm really proud to be a part of a new podcast and youtube series called Live From The Rock Room. my friends Mike Felumlee (of Alkaline Trio/Smoking Popes fame), his wife Stephanie Wysocki, his friend from high school Ken Nowka, and i want to share what we're doing with you. we've only been at it for a couple months, but we've already gotten some amazing bands and artists in, and TONS of great press. here's what we do:

we'll have a band come in to Mike and Stephanie's house in Westmont, Illinois and record 3-5 songs in the practice space that Mike built in their basement. Ken runs the video gear (and edits everything we shot later), MIke records the audio (and mixes it later), and i take still photos. when the bands are done playing, i sit down with them and we do an interview. sometimes those interviews are 15 minutes. sometimes they're an hour.

we upload videos of the individual songs to the LFTRR youtube page
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcGzmfGcuPqQXpuTaLKUSXA
(^^ go subscribe if you haven't already!!) and we take the audio from the full session and make one long podcast out of the whole thing that you can find on iTunes by searching Live From The Rock Room.

it's been a really incredible experience to watch this thing grow from an idea Mike shared with me 6 months ago into what it is today. and it's really exciting to look ahead and see what amazing things are in store later this summer, and down the road for this project.

we've had bands like the Smoking Popes, Shawn Harris from The Matches, Mikey Erg, and Lifted Bells in, and we're definitely going to keep having bigger, well-known bands. but we also take pride in the fact that we have this unique platform to expose you all to new bands and new music from all over the country that you might not otherwise have had a chance to hear, and we're absolutely going to do our best to give those smaller bands the exposure we feel they deserve.

if you haven't liked the facebook page yet, the link is
you should also subscribe to the youtube channel, where we upload 2 new videos each week. please take 43 seconds out of your day and do both of those things for us. we're working really hard to make this something special, and hopefully that is clear. if you have any questions about anything, or suggestions for us, feel free to get in touch. thanks for reading, watching, and listening.

-dan / LFTRR

here are a couple examples of some of the individual videos we've done: