PO: Bright Eyes - Studio Albums 2000-2011

37 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yeah getting to the final albums are a pain. 

But I guess now is a good time to ask, what the hell is a "tip-on jacket"? Is that referring to the inner sleeves or the way the outer is not folded and glued together?

Here's a definition I found on discogs

It's an old-style sleeve where the the cover art is not printed directly on the surface of the cardboard sleeve, but instead is printed on an outer layer of paper. If you look at the back of a tip-on sleeve you'll see where the front paper folds over at the corners.

13 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

This set is really amazing.  Got mine from Bullmoose.  It was packaged great but the back of my box set seems like it was crushed a little?  There's a crease and some bubbling in the one corner.

Oh well, I'll never be looking at the back of it anyways.

Yeah...I took all my records right out of that box and I'll be finding a place to store it in my closet. It's a pain digging through for records in that box.

Anywho, yeah, this thing is pretty great. Listening to I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning right now and it sounds super. A little bit of noise on the first bit of side b, but nothing that bothers me too much. This was mostly for my wife anyway, but I like a couple songs off of each album a whole lot.

28 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yeah...I took all my records right out of that box and I'll be finding a place to store it in my closet. It's a pain digging through for records in that box.

Anywho, yeah, this thing is pretty great. Listening to I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning right now and it sounds super. A little bit of noise on the first bit of side b, but nothing that bothers me too much. This was mostly for my wife anyway, but I like a couple songs off of each album a whole lot.

Haha, opposite situation here as I'm the big fan, and my girlfriend has only had exposure to a few songs here and there through the years. But, having recently decided to use First Day of My Life in our wedding next year, she's allowing a lot more Conor air-time ;) win-win for me.

I was happy that all the records fit with space even once I put them in their own sleeves, but, yeah, it's too impractical to store them in the box, sadly.

Wow, this set is beautiful.  I love the minimalist, simple design of the box and the photos are a great touch.  I feel like this captures the stylistic approach Conor, Mike and Nate have always taken with their band but it doesn't do anything to steal from the albums inside.   It was so cool removing the shrinkwrap on each album going in chronological order and thinking of all the memories of my youth and the friends that shared their love of this band with me along the way.  Thinking of the road trips I took from Kansas City up to Omaha to watch Bright Eyes perform on several different occasions.  Good times.  

1 hour ago, rooks said:

Haha, opposite situation here as I'm the big fan, and my girlfriend has only had exposure to a few songs here and there through the years. But, having recently decided to use First Day of My Life in our wedding next year, she's allowing a lot more Conor air-time ;) win-win for me.

I was happy that all the records fit with space even once I put them in their own sleeves, but, yeah, it's too impractical to store them in the box, sadly.

Nice!

Oh shit by the way - does anyone's Lifted vinyl actually match the album art? I just re-checked and the description on the site is black+yellow splatter, while the pic is more goldish/black splatter like the art...

But, mine is bright pea green and black.Just curious... I thought it looked weird when I opened it but, just now put together why haha.

Here's a pic for the record:  739lWWg.jpg

Edited by rooks

1 hour ago, rooks said:

Oh shit by the way - does anyone's Lifted vinyl actually match the album art? I just re-checked and the description on the site is black+yellow splatter, while the pic is more goldish/black splatter like the art...

But, mine is bright pea green and black.Just curious... I thought it looked weird when I opened it but, just now put together why haha.

Mine matches perfectly, yellow/black splatter. That pea green is pretty cool though.

7 hours ago, rooks said:

Thats definitely closer to what mine looks like as well.

• 1 month later...

This is on sale on Popmarket fopr $124.99, plus you get an additional 20% off with POPMARKET20, plus free shipping. Comes to $100 shipped. That's the cheapest I've seen. Finally grabbed this! Can't wait to get it!

https://www.popmarket.com/products/bright-eyes-the-studio-albums-2000-2011-limited-edition-colored-vinyl-box-set

Edited by kylet

59 minutes ago, kylet said:

This is on sale on Popmarket fopr $124.99, plus you get an additional 20% off with POPMARKET20... That's the cheapest I've seen.

https://www.popmarket.com/products/bright-eyes-the-studio-albums-2000-2011-limited-edition-colored-vinyl-box-set

Besides the first time they did this deal?

14 minutes ago, shadowkid33 said:

I got it for $120 with a deal on Popmarket like 2 months ago.

Guy was right, mine was $104 when that deal was kicking around. Still...if $4 is making the difference between getting something like this or not you maybe shouldn't be getting it.

7 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Guy was right, mine was $104 when that deal was kicking around. Still...if $4 is making the difference between getting something like this or not you maybe shouldn't be getting it.

Damn dude. You troll hard. 

Nobody said the $4 dollars was the difference. Just said $100 bucks is the cheapest I've seen it for. I have an extra $100 to spend right now so I grabbed it. Sharing the deal in this thread in case anybody missed the first time, like myself. 

• 4 months later...

finally  got around to ordering this. I haven't spun anything yet, but man, this boxset is really nice. It's far and away better than the first boxset. I really dig the thought put into all of it. I can't wait to compare mastering between OG and these newbies. I'll probably start with Wide Awake or Lifted as they are the most familiar.

5 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yeah the Box Set is great and all the records sound good as well. But I have a question, the sides of my box started to bow out ever so slightly. How do I prevent that from happening/fix it? Light tape?

Total "noob" question. ;)

I honestly don't know short of taking the records out of it. Maybe pack the shelf tightly??

So, I've listened to Wide Awake, Cassadaga, and half of Fevers this afternoon. I have barely noticed any crazy differences, just a few backup vocals more pronounced. However, it just sounds, well, better. I can't explain how (as I'm not an expert audiophile), but it's just really fucking crisp, clean, and wonderful.