PO: Bright Eyes - Studio Albums 2000-2011

23 minutes ago, helsabot said:

because it usually doesn't happen?

Boxsets definitely get represses. It's supposed to have everything he released from 2000-2011 (minus the Christmas album), but they should leave out Fevers & Mirrors because it was in the last box? Makes absolutely no sense. Every one of these records is readily available for cheap, so with your logic, this box shouldn't exist at all. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

29 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Boxsets definitely get represses. It's supposed to have everything he released from 2000-2011 (minus the Christmas album), but they should leave out Fevers & Mirrors because it was in the last box? Makes absolutely no sense. Every one of these records is readily available for cheap, so with your logic, this box shouldn't exist at all. 

Since the 2000 period is already covered by the previous boxset, what makes little sense is including again that record IMHO.

Besides, I never said that if an album is available separately and for a cheap amount the boxset  shouldn't  exist. I actually love boxsets!

Anyway, mine was just a pointless question, I'm sorry it bothered you and I really don't wanna drag this discussion too long. To be honest, fevers & mirrors is so damn good that I would include it also in a...radiohead boxset 

27 minutes ago, helsabot said:

Since the 2000 period is already covered by the previous boxset, what makes little sense is including again that record IMHO.

Besides, I never said that if an album is available separately and for a cheap amount the boxset  shouldn't  exist. I actually love boxsets!

Anyway, mine was just a pointless question, I'm sorry it bothered you and I really don't wanna drag this discussion too long. To be honest, fevers & mirrors is so damn good that I would include it also in a...radiohead boxset 

I was with you all the way until that last sentence there. 

13 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

Cancelled Bullmoose and went with Soundstage. For me, I'd rather pay for it up front and I wasn't crazy about Bullmoose waiting to charge until it ships.

I'm not gonna change mine again, but yeah it's been freaking me out that I have to remember a $130 charge is just gonna pop up in my bank account.

15 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

Cancelled Bullmoose and went with Soundstage. For me, I'd rather pay for it up front and I wasn't crazy about Bullmoose waiting to charge until it ships.

I like having things charge when they ship.  I have a bunch of preorders out, which is just $2-300 that could be collecting a bit of interest in my account.  I get why it works the way it does, but I like having my cash in my account until something actually ships. :)

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I like having things charge when they ship.  I have a bunch of preorders out, which is just $2-300 that could be collecting a bit of interest in my account.  I get why it works the way it does, but I like having my cash in my account until something actually ships. :)

Agreed. It sucks paying for something and not getting it for months and months. I'd rather they charged me when it's shipped. I don't like being their bank to fund the release like some shitty labels do.

24 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Agreed. It sucks paying for something and not getting it for months and months. I'd rather they charged me when it's shipped. I don't like being their bank to fund the release like some shitty labels do.

I'd understand that from a less reputable label, but it's Saddle Creek, not Mightier Than the Sword.

Just now seeing this but damn. So tempting, but the remastered aspect doesn't necessarily help as their other albums already sound good on vinyl. And I own all of these. It's the colored variants which I always thought would be cool with bright eyes but I wish letting off the happiness and noise floor were included rather than cassadaga and the people's key

/my bright eyes box set rant

31 minutes ago, corey. said:

Just now seeing this but damn. So tempting, but the remastered aspect doesn't necessarily help as their other albums already sound good on vinyl. And I own all of these. It's the colored variants which I always thought would be cool with bright eyes but I wish letting off the happiness and noise floor were included rather than cassadaga and the people's key

Was going to say earlier I wish Letting Off The Happiness was included in this. Love that album. 3 years too early, though.

22 hours ago, corey. said:

Backed.

23 hours ago, corey. said:

As somebody who is into Pinegrove as much as you are I'm surprised you aren't into Cassadaga more. I love everything by Brighy Eyes but Cassadaga is for sure my favorite.

2 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

As somebody who is into Pinegrove as much as you are I'm surprised you aren't into Cassadaga more. I love everything by Brighy Eyes but Cassadaga is for sure my favorite.

Cassadaga is a great album at the end of the day, but from that album forward (including conor's solo music) I began to like their music less compared to the drugged out Conor Oberst on Lifted, Fevers and Mirrors, etc.

But yes, people's key and cassadaga are both great albums. I'm Wide Awake It's Morning is definitely their best "country" album imo, though :)

Edited by corey.