The S U R V I V E Thread - First album repressing, PO now

2 hours ago, docbronze said:

Cool idea featuring some good music to be sure yet filled with inaccuracies. Harmless ones for the most part, but surprising all the same.

Maybe I don't understand what falls under the synthwave umbrella, but Stranger Things score/S U R V I V E seem more subdued than the other synthwave/outrun stuff that I've tried to listen to. To my ears they sit a little closer to Zombi/Goblin type stuff, which I don't think sounds like what people are calling synthwave at all.

Side note, that SSLEEPERHOLD album they recommended in the article is real good.

Just now, kisol said:

Don't know anything about Forced Exposure but I figured it's worth a shot with since this release has disasppeared in the last week.

Forced Exposure is pretty dope. They have a huge selection of obscure library and weird 60's and 70's soundtracks that are pretty hard to find anywhere in the US. That being said, with my experience, the "Low Stock Level" options are usually a coin flip if they're actually in stock or not. You can give it a go, but you may come away empty-handed.

http://www.punkanddestroy.com/?pid=88784123

looks like punk & destroy in osaka still has copies of the first lp. might be a little expensive after shipping but probably still cheaper than what discogs/ebay will have it for now.

edit: looks like two copies left if their cart system/inventory is accurate

Edited by axotyl

1 hour ago, natenomm said:

Forced Exposure is pretty dope. They have a huge selection of obscure library and weird 60's and 70's soundtracks that are pretty hard to find anywhere in the US. That being said, with my experience, the "Low Stock Level" options are usually a coin flip if they're actually in stock or not. You can give it a go, but you may come away empty-handed.

Worth a shot and thanks. Order placed! Fingers crossed!

Mannequinn has been posting quite a few of the black #/300 represses on Discogs for around $65 shipped. Besides these last few (possibly) remaining copies from cart systems that were seemingly developed in 1998, those may be the last of what's out there.

I'll be surprised if this doesn't get another repress this year.

3 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

S U R V I V E ‎– MF064 is still available at Norman Records. A little pricey shipped to the US, but i suspect prices on this band will steadily climb, especially since the recent fame from Stranger Things.

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/145443

probably still worth a shot if you don't have it, but just FYI:

'Available to buy' or 'Not in stock' means that we don't have copies of this item on our shelves but can get it for you from our suppliers. This can lead to delays.

4 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

S U R V I V E ‎– MF064 is still available at Norman Records. A little pricey shipped to the US, but i suspect prices on this band will steadily climb, especially since the recent fame from Stranger Things.

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/145443

20 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

It's not their first LP, but Norman records has some of S U R V I V E's MF064 EP in stock.

Rough Trade obtained 12 copies the other day that sold out almost immediately and I'm guessing they won't last long at Norman either. Not sure how many they have.

;)

I've ordered this album from three places this morning.  I just received an email from the first store (not mentioned in this thread) saying they were sold out and don't know how I was able to place an order, but they had one extra copy that they would send to me.

So, if my other two orders go through I'll let you guys know and will sell them for what I bought em for.

FE order was canceled, but did they just confirm a repress?

Unfortunately due to high demand we are out of stock at this point in time. However don’t be too sad as we are getting a repress of this and will keep your order on hold until they come in

Woohoot.