The S U R V I V E Thread - First album repressing, PO now

On 10/3/2016 at 0:43 AM, Korgull Of Morgoth said:

He is this label http://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

Don't know if he actually works for Relapse. I bought some Coffins records from them a few years ago.

I just received the Bone White copy that was listed by Relapse on Discogs and a Horror Pain Gore Death Productions sticker fell out, so it's safe to say that they have a definite connection to Relapse. Maybe they run the Relapse Discogs account 'cause I was told they weren't able to combine shipping with my Relapse.com order due to differing warehouses. 

Speaking of which, Relapse.com (where I purchased the Sea Blue variant) packages like this:

pTQPLI1.jpg

And Discogs Relapse packages like this:

yLfAwCH.jpg

Those standard white LP mailers nearly always give me grief and this time it was no different: crushed corners :(

20 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Going to edit this topic so it can be a hub for all things SURVIVE, since that's essentially what it has evolved into. Go VC! Proud of your damn good taste in musak.

the EP is still up for PO as well if you wanna add to front page:

http://monofonuspress.com/store/s-u-r-v-i-v-e-2

8 minutes ago, salvatoreleeray said:

The description of their variant should say, "We just don't fucking know."

Edited by lethalenforcer

We’ve also ordered a version of 100 opaque violet. Jump on those as they will sell out.

Do they mean there will be another version coming up on the site or what? I don't get it :-/ if it's the standard black one you can order right now then I rather wait as the shipping costs are insane from the US to EU.

2 minutes ago, Mano said:

We’ve also ordered a version of 100 opaque violet. Jump on those as they will sell out.

Do they mean there will be another version coming up on the site or what? I don't get it :-/ if it's the standard black one you can order right now then I rather wait as the shipping costs are insane from the US to EU.

Violet were posted right away and sold out.

I love that this band is getting so much attention and they deserve the publicity (and income) from all these reissues and endless variants, but I just can't help to think in the back of my mind S U R V I V E is going to end up being the Herb Alpert/Barry Manilow for children born today, filling thrift store and second hand vinyl bins & yard sale cardboard boxes with the dozens of variants that were released in the Stranger Things Hype of '16.

2 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

...end up being the Herb Alpert/Barry Manilow for children born today, filling thrift store and second hand vinyl bins & yard sale cardboard boxes with the dozens of variants that were released in the Stranger Things Hype of '16.

And then we can all get together and go to the long-awaited S U R V I V E reunion gig in 2054 when all of the band members are crusty olds and can barely key anymore due to carpal tunnel.

4 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

I love that this band is getting so much attention and they deserve the publicity (and income) from all these reissues and endless variants, but I just can't help to think in the back of my mind S U R V I V E is going to end up being the Herb Alpert/Barry Manilow for children born today, filling thrift store and second hand vinyl bins & yard sale cardboard boxes with the dozens of variants that were released in the Stranger Things Hype of '16.

those dumb OST's will be the herb alperts, not survive.