The S U R V I V E Thread - First album repressing, PO now

6 hours ago, axotyl said:

Good looking out, Axotyl.

5 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Going to edit this topic so it can be a hub for all things SURVIVE, since that's essentially what it has evolved into. Go VC! Proud of your damn good taste in musak.

x2 for you, LE.

1 minute ago, antisyntax said:

so Rough Trade is claiming their variant as having alternate artwork, anyone know if Holodeck's will be the same?

Holodeck states it on the product page.

Back in stock, the 2012 debut full-length from Austin-based electronic quartet S U R V I V E  is available once again with yellow and black alternate artwork. 

500 Easter Yellow copies of RR7349 are being released as part of U.K. RSD.  You can get them at Banquet or some other U.K. Stores now.  So if you missed the first 250, you can still get them.

Relapse also put up the black inside Easter Yellow copies for those that don't want to pay U.K. Shipping prices.

22 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Relapse also put up the black inside Easter Yellow copies for those that don't want to pay U.K. Shipping prices.

interesting when Rough Trade says its limited to 500 and their exclusive but Relapse says 600 and is available through them?

already down to 113 copies too which is odd

1 hour ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

500 Easter Yellow copies of RR7349 are being released as part of U.K. RSD.  You can get them at Banquet or some other U.K. Stores now.  So if you missed the first 250, you can still get them.

Thanks! Just saved me $7!

Okay I was reporting misinformation earlier.  The U.K. Indies exclusive version is the black inside Easter Yellow.   It's not a Rough Trade exclusive but a U.K. Indies sHop exclusive that Relapse also got some copies of.  

The Easter Yellow were a Relapse exclusive that some U.K. Sites were incorrectly listing as the U.K. Indies exclusive color

10 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Okay I was reporting misinformation earlier.  The U.K. Indies exclusive version is the black inside Easter Yellow.   It's not a Rough Trade exclusive but a U.K. Indies sHop exclusive that Relapse also got some copies of.  

The Easter Yellow were a Relapse exclusive that some U.K. Sites were incorrectly listing as the U.K. Indies exclusive color

So no additional presses of just plain Easter Yellow is what you are saying?

3 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

The band's release is mimicking the soundtrack a bit. Hard to keep track of everything.

I'll stick to the clear OG pressings of both LP's that I have :)

I was going to be fine with just the sea blue copy.  But the record sleeve got damaged during shipping.  So I wanted a non damaged copy.  I could spend twice the amount on a first press Easter Yellow copy or a slightly cooler looking 6th press of the Easter Yellow.  I haven't decided yet

1 hour ago, SE7EN said:

Got a shipping notification from Rough Trade for the Black / Easter version of RR7349. Can't wait for it to arrive! 

cancelled and swooped the US version yesterday, just got confirmation of cancellation this morning.

that could have been bad but worked out perfectly haha

Got my black / easter yellow this morning... Will be giving it a spin a bit later today.

Looks good, although the edit to the description on the Relapse site which states: *Appears Dark Yellow Inside of Easter Yellow* is definitely accurate. It's more of a light-black-grey-yellow-sludge colour, rather than dark black. Personally, I think it still looks fine, but it would have been even better had the black been more vibrant. Just my opinion though :)

Edited by SE7EN

8 hours ago, SE7EN said:

Got my black / easter yellow this morning... Will be giving it a spin a bit later today.

Looks good, although the edit to the description on the Relapse site which states: *Appears Dark Yellow Inside of Easter Yellow* is definitely accurate. It's more of a light-black-grey-yellow-sludge colour, rather than dark black. Personally, I think it still looks fine, but it would have been even better had the black been more vibrant. Just my opinion though :)

It almost looks like a shadow or something. I really dig this variant, and the pressing quality is great. Been ordering a lot from Relapse lately, and I'm really impressed with their excellent service and product. 

4 hours ago, jonnywreck said:

It almost looks like a shadow or something. I really dig this variant, and the pressing quality is great. Been ordering a lot from Relapse lately, and I'm really impressed with their excellent service and product. 

Yes, the shadow idea is definitely a good one. You changed my perspective in one sentence there.

4 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

Is there any way to get any of the variants to this? Didn't listen to the album carefully until this week and I really like it.

Honestly, the prices on the secondary market for them are not bad. I think I saw a blue copy and black-in-yellow sell for around $35 on eBay/Discogs in the past week. 

Or just wait a few weeks until they announce yet another one...