David Bowie - Who Can I Be Now? (1974-1976) 13LP Box Set (out 09/23, PO soon)

David Bowie - Who Can I Be Now? (1974-1976) 13LP Box Set out 09/23!

wcibn_notes_mont_1000sq.jpg?itok=TsEjv-z

84 Page hardback book

Diamond Dogs (remastered) (1 LP)

David Live (original mix) (remastered) (2 LP) *

David Live (2005 mix) (remastered) (3 LP)

The Gouster (previously unreleased as an album) (1 LP) *

Young Americans (remastered) (1 LP)

Station To Station (remastered) (1 LP)

Station To Station (Harry Maslin 2010 mix) (1 LP) *

Live Nassau Coliseum ’76 (2 LP) 

Re:Call 2 (Single versions and non-album B-sides) (remastered) (1 LP) *

* Exclusive to ‘Who Can I Be Now? (1974 – 1976)’

More details about the box set here

10 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Debating whether I want to just pick up a copy of Station to Station from discogs/local joint or wait for the reissue. I have weird gaps in my Bowie collection where I only need one or two from all of the collections :/

The original American tan label sounds amazing. And you can usually find it reasonably cheap. It's the first Bowie record where the U.S. issue is as good or better as the UK.

The 2010 (?) vinyl that was in the box set actually sounds very similar, so if they use that identical mastering for this new box, that'll be worth picking up for $20 when the inevitable individual releases drop.

32 minutes ago, filthyrich said:

The original American tan label sounds amazing. And you can usually find it reasonably cheap. It's the first Bowie record where the U.S. issue is as good or better as the UK.

The 2010 (?) vinyl that was in the box set actually sounds very similar, so if they use that identical mastering for this new box, that'll be worth picking up for $20 when the inevitable individual releases drop.

Awesome! Thanks for the info :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, achillesstand7 said:

Yeah, it worked for me. I think it's single use per person, so if you've already used it, it won't work. But, my wife has a popmarket account too, so I tried it with her's, and it worked.

Ah ok. Got it. Used it on the LED ZEP SET. Just going to sign up with another email acct....

AND SUCCESS!

Thanks for the heads up lads!

Edited by bigdz68
?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gpa21 said:

What are the thoughts on this set?  Can anyone provide any sound reviews?

Same great quality of the Five Years set.  Flat, clean, quiet vinyl that sounds superb IMO.    Diamond Dog sounds a bit rough to my ears, but I'm a noob to that record and have found out since that it wasn't recorded well to begin with (it even says this in the book).  Overall, I think the sound quality is on par with the Five Years box.  I own the STS deluxe vinyl box and I think both versions of STS and Nassau discs sound pretty much exactly as they did in that release.  Sleeves are a bit thin for my liking, but they're alright.  Vinyl is in paper sleeves with poly inners. 

Honestly, I think anyone that picks this up would be thrilled with the sound quality on it.  If anything, the only real let down is the overlap with having two David Live and STS albums here, and the fact that recall 2 is only 1 disc this go around.  Other than that, it's fantastic.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Karpatenhunde77 said:

Couldn't agree more with bungie here.  A superb release. I can't wait for the upcoming Berlin Years Box set. Hopefully there will be up a pre-order date ;-)

Should be awesome, but expect it in Sept. 2017 if it follows the trend of the past two box sets.